Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Hazza15

HSC
What is Legal Studies like in Year 11 and 12. I m thinking of becoming a police officer.

priorpeter

HSC
hey
it's not so bad- i do it through distance education which means that my teacher is 4 hours away so i hardly see him and i have to do all of the work myself.
we communicate through email, but it's still not the same.
however, i find it good, and as long as you are interested in the law and in politics, you should find it interesting.
you just have to be ready to do a lot of research and be able to keep up to date with current events.

good luck!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
It's more of a memory fest in year 11, there's 8 core topics you need to study, plus two focus topics that are chosen from 6 different focus topics. In year 12, there's only two core topics, plus 2 focus topics, and it's a lot more interesting than most of the stuff you learn in year 11. As long as you keep up with current events, and be prepared to do a hell of a lot of research, then you should be able to enjoy the course. Have fun! :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Eep, a memory fest? That doesn't sound like my idea of fun...eh, the study that I actually plan to do next year will hopefully help improve my memory skills. At the moment they're kind of non-existant...

Jachie

HSC
Yeah, I heard the same thing tamaranadine. Personally, I'll be holding on because the Crime studycase in Year 12 looks fascinating. I've always been interested in criminology, so for me that's the light at the end of the tunnel. If I can get through a boring Year 11, then it'll be worth it. :D

finesse

HSC
I quite like Legal Studies. Crime did not live up to expectations but was still hot (quite easy).

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
legal studies is not hard and definitely not a boring subject.

I'm serious, you should pick it. :)
it's also very easy to study for. all you need is the syllabus, a textbook, your class notes and know how to summarise each topic. k. (lol like you do for all your subjects). :/

EDIT: crime was also my fave topic :O

brows

HSC
I got a 48 for it, and i really enjoyed it. first thing u have to accept is - It is a ****load of work, however, it is not all that hard and if u put the effort in u can definitely do well. Im not that smart i just worked my ass off and did really well. Goodluck.

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I found Legal Studies to be awful in Year 11. Like someone else said it is a 'memory fest' but once you hit Year 12 it gets a lot more interesting and there is relatively less content to remember (also due to the fact you've learnt most of the basic concepts in your preliminary studies).

Give it a go but be prepared to study and revise constantly for it - it's not one of those subjects you can really breeze through due to the copious quantities of information you'll have to memorise.

Jachie

HSC
I'd imagine it's because the topics covered in Legal Studies may not be necessarily relative to those studied in Law degress. For example, Legal Studies isn't even "assumed knowledge" for any Law course at any univeristy. Still, I don't see the harm in doing the subject anyway. It's got to be more relevant to Law than, say, Chemistry or Dance.

angeee

HSC
It really depends if you like the subject, but I found legal studies really interesting. Plus, scaling-wise it isn't too bad and it is much much easier than economics (at least i think so).

There's a lot of memorising involved, but compared to other subjects where you actually need to understand and apply, Legal Studies is much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)