Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

not_sure

HSC
Hi all, just wondering whether anyone could give me a review of their experience with legal studies (what its like, how much work it takes, tips) and also how they were able to achieve a good result in the subject.

zizi2003_

HSC
Legal is definitely content heavy and also requires rote learning (cases, legislation, international documents, etc - DON'T MEMORISE ESSAYS!! though you can always keep an essay plan memorised in the back of your head). Everything in the tests and HSC exam comes directly from the syllabus (especially the 'learn to' section, so what I do is write a response for every 'learn to' question from the syllabus, just so I have a general idea of what I will say in my exam). Your syllabus is your best friend!!

In terms of achieving a good result, just make sure you do tonnes of practice essays (tip: write a practice essay for every 'theme and challenge' dotpoint from the syllabus; especially for your Options). Make sure to get constant feedback from your teachers as well!!

I also made a document of LCMDI for each topic just so when it gets closer to the exams, I have all the evidence in one document, ready to be memorised. Hope this helps! :~)

not_sure

HSC
Legal is definitely content heavy and also requires rote learning (cases, legislation, international documents, etc - DON'T MEMORISE ESSAYS!! though you can always keep an essay plan memorised in the back of your head). Everything in the tests and HSC exam comes directly from the syllabus (especially the 'learn to' section, so what I do is write a response for every 'learn to' question from the syllabus, just so I have a general idea of what I will say in my exam). Your syllabus is your best friend!!

In terms of achieving a good result, just make sure you do tonnes of practice essays (tip: write a practice essay for every 'theme and challenge' dotpoint from the syllabus; especially for your Options). Make sure to get constant feedback from your teachers as well!!

I also made a document of LCMDI for each topic just so when it gets closer to the exams, I have all the evidence in one document, ready to be memorised. Hope this helps! :~)
Thanks very much :)

a.s_179

HSC
Hi, I desperately need legal studies cases for my HSC assessment which is due in a few days. I need one article each for 2 topics. The list of topics are: bail, criminal investigation process, defences and sentencing and punishment. The cases must be NSW cases within the last 10 years, so nothing older than 2010. Please help me if you have any cases. I haven't been able to find any. Thanks.

FesuY

HSC
From my experience, it is by far my least favourite subject and cannot stand it. I regret choosing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)