Legible Handwriting (1 Viewer)

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I have neat and legible handwriting and I freqeuently am told this by teachers and even the exam supervisors. This is apparently a rare thing for a male. I had a few people implying that this could reflect in slightly better marks because it sets a good tone to each essay.

I'll emphasise before the wave of criticism that I did not say this but I had a few people mention this to me.

Thoughts?

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
In all honesty, the marking process is very subjective because markers aren't computers - they're people.

So maybe that is true. But i'd like to think not because my hand writing has been the same since I was five.

tku336

HSC
Handwriting has, of course, to be legible to be read. If it's not legible and can't be read, you will of course lose marks. If it's neat and beautiful, you will not gain marks.

Personally, I'd rather write another 200 words or so than worry about making my writing look beautiful.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
My legibility doesn't affect my length of writing because i'm not aiming to write the way I do it just naturally seems to turn out that way.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I think my handwriting is quite horrible, especially when i'm writing like the wind.

You can see an example of my handwriting by clicking here.

Is it legible enough for me not to worry about it?

HSC
I have neat and legible handwriting and I freqeuently am told this by teachers and even the exam supervisors. This is apparently a rare thing for a male. I had a few people implying that this could reflect in slightly better marks because it sets a good tone to each essay.

I'll emphasise before the wave of criticism that I did not say this but I had a few people mention this to me.

Thoughts?
i'd have to disagree. having nice handwriting does not get you any more marks, and this can be seen through alot of the band 6 and exemplar responses that BOS releases, where most of them have really bad handwriting.

HSC
I think my handwriting is quite horrible, especially when i'm writing like the wind.

wow anna! lol interesting writing. but i still managed to read it..just at a slower pace and looking closer to the screen haha. you'll find people have far worse writing than that.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i'd have to disagree. having nice handwriting does not get you any more marks, and this can be seen through alot of the band 6 and exemplar responses that BOS releases, where most of them have really bad handwriting.
Yeah, it doesn't give you marks. It just makes it easier to read so it makes life easier for the marker.

wow anna! lol interesting writing. but i still managed to read it..just at a slower pace and looking closer to the screen haha. you'll find people have far worse writing than that.
Yay i feel much better now, thanks :)

HSC

Thoughts?
Nikkay75 said:
I have awesome handwriting
ie. I am awesome
My teachers and exam supervisors always tell me I have awesome handwriting
ie. They think I am awesome
I heard most males don't have this
ie. I'm unique and awesome
Some people have said awesome handwriting gives extra marks
ie. I'm going to get an awesome mark
In your face
You are gay, go brag somewhere else

mazarati

HSC
In all honesty, the marking process is very subjective because markers aren't computers - they're people.

So maybe that is true. But i'd like to think not because my hand writing has been the same since I was five.
Yeah I agree. I can;t help but think the markers would want to reward the people who make their life easier...a good mood probably creates a more generous mark.

Baggygreen408

HSC

Seems alright- I could read it all- so markers shouldn't have any trouble at all... I think most markers will want to use that as an example of the more 'neater writing' they see- because a lot of people can get pretty horrible... its all good

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Seems alright- I could read it all- so markers shouldn't have any trouble at all... I think most markers will want to use that as an example of the more 'neater writing' they see- because a lot of people can get pretty horrible... its all good
your handwriting is fine! especially since it looks like it was done in exam/assessment conditions.
Yayayayayayay. Thanks guys, you've been repped :D

@OP - post up a sample of your writing. I want to see how neat it really is because i've seen some neat handwriting and they don't get any extra marks at all.

Is anyone brave enough to post up a sample of their writing, if they think it's really bad?

Venom.

HSC
Neat handwriting may create a better impression on the marker and thus ease their mind and make them WANT to give you marks.

Which is completely fucked.

HSC
but markers will find MOST wont have neat writings in a hsc exam anyways.

and if someones response isnt very good, but have neat writing, they still wont do good.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

EWWWWWWWWWWWW

lol jks jks.

it aint that bad, I go worse sometimes (e.g. towards the end of an essay :))

The Nomad

HSC

Your handwriting was actually very readable...and I assure you mine looks nothing like that, so it wasn't any easier for me to read it than anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)