Length of essays/External Knowledge? (1 Viewer)

cs01001

HSC
Hello,

What is a good length (word-count wise) to bump essay marks into the 18+ range? I understand writing a whole heap does not equate to a good mark, but I have heard about people writing 14+ BOS page for ONE question only. The best right now I can do is around 4 A4 page, so I am just wondering what is appropriate amount to write to lift the quality to that of a band 6 level.

And also what level of external knowledge is required to write a band 6 quality essay?

Thanks

karnage

HSC
Quality > Quantity?

I reckon 4 is ok, depends on a number of things. Size of writing, how succinct you are etc. I have pretty small writing so i struggle to fill 4 pages :/

munchiecrunchie

HSC
i have medium - large writing.

fill up about . . . 9 bos pages.

that equates to a 20/20, from my experience, although how much you write is not a important as what you write.

as a general rule, write at least 5 pages, if its really an issue.

HSC
It's about the connections you make and the depth you reach. Blow away the multiple choice and SA questions and you'll have time for essays easy. Always make reference to the stats they give in the stimulus and know the basic stats before a test (check the sticky or RBA etc).

cs01001

HSC
Thanks for all the response. Would muchiecrunchie or any of you mind sharing your top end essays so that I can use as a model?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
cs01001 said:
Thanks for all the response. Would muchiecrunchie or any of you mind sharing your top end essays so that I can use as a model?
really sorry but won't be sharing any essays from the hsc course, but if you look at the bos resources and check the preliminary section, there are 2 essays entered by "smarty pants" - they're mine.

gnrlies

HSC
length aint important. Sure you should be writing about an hours worth for each essay, but it doesn't matter whether thats 10 pages or 5 pages. What counts is how will you structure and answer the question.

sbeydoun91

In za box, which is
HSC
N/A
You can score full marks by filling one BOS booklet (8 pages), however there are less lines than on normal lined paper so your 4 pages may end up being quite a bit more on BOS paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)