Length of responses in the English HSC exam. (1 Viewer)

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Originally posted by Under-stated

Another guy in the exam said he wrote 2 booklets for each module. 2!! with abt 6 words perline. Thats 1680 words for each response!

And guess what?
He got the same mark as me (88 -sure it aint 'great' but thats more than you can hope for when you believe ludricrous agruements and remarks like: "Yeah i wrote 2,500 words per response", Yeah as if! You know how much 2500 words in 40 mins comes to? 63 words per minute, thats less than 1 second per word.! Right...sure you wrote that much)

Examiners dont care how much you write, its all abt what you write. if you know your stuff, and are good at english go for quality, if not go for quantity.
Who was this Shay?? :D Btw, I thought you got 87 :rolleyes:
Well I did 2 booklets for each response, roughly same writing as Under-stated, if not slightly bigger. I got 93, so I spose quality + quantity = gold :D

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by mushroom_head
does it help if u actually memorise ur essays beforehand?
Don't so much memorise, because you'll get bogged down with trying to recall stuff from memory during the exam.

BUT I suggest that you do so many practise essays beforehand that the content becomes second nature, trapped inside your sub conscious for all eternity!! mua haw haw haw...but yes well anyways, you get the idea. :)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
hmm my aos essay i have prepared for my final is currnetly 3566 words

hmm...

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
hmm my aos essay i have prepared for my final is currnetly 3566 words

hmm...
you won't finish the exam with that sort of response...I suggest you practise writing that out as fast as you can, so you can see for yourself. The maximum I can do in 40 min is 2.25 typed pages (font Times New Roman, 12) - that's usually just a little over 1000 words.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Yep just over 1000 words as well

and my writing is fuck messy

oh great...... i have to cut down this essay like shit!!!

argh but seriously , 1000 words isnt much , i swear wont they mark you down on quantity? (yea yea i know quality over quantity) but still....

Seraph

HSC
N/A
SHIT

Weakquantitycontrol + Quality + crappy handwriting = SHITSHITSHIT

Well i guess ill have to shorten these essays to around 1500 words....

hmmm i guess if i write really big lol
-_-

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Reading over this thread again i just thought about something

6 WORDS PER LINE!!

are we talking about the yellow HSC booklets here?

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
the english assessment i jus completed at skool.. im in year 11..
i actually remembered my whole essay.. ><" and i magenaged to write most of it down.. changing bits here and there..

but one problem... when i try to write too fast.. my words go all wonky and hard to read.. and sometiems i miss out important word xD~>...

it doesn;t matter if u cant read the responses does it.. oO.. cos most of the stuff in the standards packages i cant actually read.. xD

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
freaking_out said:
whats needed is quality not quantity.
this is true - but only 2 a certain extent. obviously ur aiming 4 quality in all of ur responses, but there seems 2 b a mentality among markers that if u dont write a certain amount then no matter how good ur essay (or whatever) is, u couldn't have written enough 2 gain a band6 mark. (or thats what the senior marker i talked 2 reckons anyway - personally, i think it sux majorly!) :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)