leni riefenstahl (1 Viewer)

bellamy

HSC
has anyone watched that doco on leni? cause i watched it in modern the other day and she is crazy! she got all violent when the director questioned her about "victory of faith", she was shaking him and stuff!... leni is by far the best personality study to get...

bellamy

HSC
ha ha ha... man thats freaky...
but she was a tad crazy... she started scuba diving when she was in her 70's !!! that's one crazy woman...

man im so jealous i wish i was doing speer... hes so much easier... :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL Leni certainly was a character.

Funny story about Leni and MH when I did the HSC.

My history teacher was like "We are studying Leni Riefenstahl for the personality study.... she will probably die soon, and that will mean there will be lots of interesting documentaries about her to watch"

LOL and guess what happened around the time of our trials.... Leni died.

When we reminded our history teacher of what he had said earlier in the year and he just chuckled to himself.

I loved the part in the Leni documentary when she had the fight with the director because she wouldn't walk and talk at the same time LOL.

nwatts

HSC
bellamy said:
has anyone watched that doco on leni? cause i watched it in modern the other day and she is crazy! she got all violent when the director questioned her about "victory of faith", she was shaking him and stuff!... leni is by far the best personality study to get...
I think I watched the same doco as you. Was yours in two parts aswell? It was like half her film history, half her arguing with the doco director?

Funny stuff.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
She was by far one of the most interesting topics I studied in MH.

And Ash, the same thing happened in my class too.

thirsty

HSC
I did heaps of leni stuff and she is really easy to do. There is so much you can argue about no matter what question you get. This should be a question where you can easily get 7-10. Just remember some dates and always relate it back to the q but im sure you already know that. The docos on her are good because they aren't heaps boring and she is a very interesting and smart woman. (i mean before she died) good luck with. it.

HayleeKate

HSC
I'm assuming the doco you're refering to is "The wonderful, horrible life of Leni Riefenstahl" by Muller? Shes definately amazing, and so amusing in it. Its probably one of the best sources on her around.

jennylim

HSC
i loved how she was such an artist - "yes, yes, i'll tell you...but not in this bloody light!!!" ROFL

cannonrun

HSC
Has anyone found any historians that mention leni riefenstahl in detail? Im having trouble finding them!

Any help or quotes would be awesome!

nwatts

HSC
I've been quoting the USyd holocaust lecturer (can't remember his name at present) who said a lot about her life, and is a strong believer that she is a magnificant artist who was used by the Nazi Party - debasing those who believes she was propagandist in nature. They contrast well with the writer of one of our Germany textbooks 'Republic to Reich' by K.J. Mason, who is a big believer that Riefenstahl was an active Nazi.

I'll grab the quotes I have from theset two and throw them up here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)