less than a week to go..how u feeling?? (2 Viewers)

royaaran

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
the hsc is making ppl go crazy...look at me, i just badmouthed modern and its tied for being my fave subject!! geez...
LOL....its ok just BREATHE IN..now out....relax. If you stress yourself like this you wont get anywhere so try your best, thats all you can do.

PS: im such a hypocrit LMAO...im just as bad as you so dont worry.. =]

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
im torn between dread and relief....relief that 13 yrs of schooling is almost over and dread of the actual exams..especially eco..i can just so see myself walking out halfway of the exam..
oh and if theres one thing ive learnt from this whole experience, is that when you have low expecations its incredibly difficult in getting yourself motivated to work.

83 UAI ARTS AT USYD ALL THE WAY YO!!

ane_st

HSC
Guys calm down!!! Everyone!!!

(well those you are stressed anyway... :):) )

You can only do your best... You'll get the marks you deserve!!!

They're only exams to test how much we know, there are other ways to get to the destination that you would like to go!!!

And remember that you've already got pretty much half of your courses already done and that's something to be congratulated for!!!

You stressing about how much you dont know isnt gonna do anything.. Im know very little for modern but im spending a day after my paper2 of eng to go through the syllabus with my teacher! Maybe you guys could do that for your worst subject to!!!

Instead of stressing about the HSC, just think about it about 4wks we arent going to pick up a book for the next 3.5 months!!! thats gonna be fuckin awesome!!!!

Guys just think of the positive of finishing exams!!!! And how good your gonna feel when you write the last word on your last paper!! It'll be the best feeling ever (i'm waiting for that!!!)...

I'm not stressed, a bit nervous.. But i know what i know and i have realistic expectations of myself that i hope to achieve... My parents have said that same thing to me that im gonna say to you...

DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR MARKS.. JUST TRY YOUR BEST AND WHATEVER MARK YOU GET WILL BE EXCELLENT IF YOU SAY YOU TRIED YOUR BEST!!!!

Last edited:

bilbi

HSC
i just know that if i dont get the marks i need ill end up being a checkout chick or somethin cos i will not ge back n study! im so not motivated... i think i can get them.. been trying to work it out n i should be ok

ane_st

HSC
You will be fine! You seem confident and it doesnt really matter if you're not confident as yet... But you will be after you start!!

We have 4days till our first paper... So you still have time to study for others!!!

Remember they're just exams and if you get stumped on a question, just skip; it and come back to it.. If it still stumps you start brainstorming and it might come back to you....

Ennaoj

HSC
I am feeling like shit to be honest.
My boyfriend has just been admitted to hospital, who has lived with me for 3 and a half years so i am exhausted and run down and don't know what to do.
You know what doctors and hospitals can be like - so between arguing with them and trying to keep my head above things...i'm losing the battle.
They want him to come home..but i can't look after him because he can't even walk at the moment, and with the HSC in 5 days...

I am hell stressed and run down..

:(

bilbi

HSC
thanks ane st - studying hard so all should be good. best of luck

hey Ennaoj you sound like you're havin a real tough time but just stick with it. we've been at school for so long n its nearly over- not long now. i know its hard, spec for you but just stick with it and give it your all. hope yr bf is ok n good luck.

ane_st

HSC
I dont want this to sound insensitive.. But make your priorities your exams... You only get one shot at them.. Maybe someone else could look after your boyfriend?? Or he could stay in hospital for a bit longer just until you start your exams... You gotta put yourself first in this situation... Don't wanna sound rude but!!!

Don't let the ppl at the hospital stress you out.. Maybe spend some time with him..... But at this point you shouldnt be doing studying if your this stressed, maybe take a couple of hours off the clear your head.. Do something you enjoy and once your in a good mood try studying again.... You wont be able to study if your mind isnt in it!!! GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

bilbi

HSC
i agree, dont waste all the hard work you;ve put in- im sure yr bf will understand

Ennaoj

HSC
thanks guys.

It's okay! none of you are being rude.. :)

It's a bit more complicated than what it sounds..he has injured his back severly and can not walk, the doctors are being hopeless and expect him to be sent home with painkillers ! He can not get in and out of the bed at the moment. So i am fighting with them to get something done about it and have been so three days straight.

He lives with us - but no one is here next/ this week except me and he has no family. So he is a huge priority ..it's just so draining. He is so supportive and wants me to go well... it's just a fight to keep him up there at the moment. Hospitals are useless.

I am trying so hard to keep it all together! Thanks for your encouragement.

bilbi

HSC
yr in a really hard position. the doctors sound completely useless and incompassionate. well i assume he's in alot of pain n will be spending quite a bit of time in bed so maybe you could set up a study desk in the bedroom so you can look after him whilst studying.

Mumma

HSC
Not worried that much. I havent studied for english yet, and its my worst subject. I Think 4 days should be enough. Im so over caring, I know we are all going to look back at this year and go "why the fuck did i bother" because its seriously not worth it. But October 23rd is going to be the best day of my life, until November 1. Yay for guilt-free bludging.

ane_st

HSC
That's a really bad predicament your in Ennaoj.... But if some of your family come back next week maybe they can help take care of him?? Or you could get your parents to call up and encourage the dr to let him stay at the hospital!!! But he seems very supportive of you!!!

You seem like a smart girl so you'll figure something out.. Since you kno what your capable of... You have all our support *hug*...

Hope he get better!! ANd you get time to relax!!!

zedzed

HSC
Mumma said:
Not worried that much. I havent studied for english yet, and its my worst subject. I Think 4 days should be enough. Im so over caring, I know we are all going to look back at this year and go "why the fuck did i bother" because its seriously not worth it. But October 23rd is going to be the best day of my life, until November 1. Yay for guilt-free bludging.
lol yea, i'm surprisingly calm and nonchalant. i wish i was stressed and freaking out like everyone else, then i'd be studying harder. hopefully the hsc exams are as easy as everyone says they are. :S

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shariken said:
I am so totally freaking out. My ancient history class hasn't even finished the bloody course! The whole section of Agrippina the Younger is incomplete and that's worth 25 whole marks. We still really haven't even finished Pompeii and Herculaneum too and the exams only a week away. I can't seem to find stuff on technology in new kingdom egypt either.

The related text for Institutitions in standard is annoying me too because I can't find any examples or protest, rebellion or negative effects. The damn article she gave is all positive and it's too late to find another one...

I'm freaking about my journey essay to because for some reason I never seem to finish that essay......
That's why you make it up :)

bilbi

HSC
so this stress is actually good?!!!! lol.. well i hope it pays off!!!

Affinity

HSC
Stress is good for you Muhahahahahhhah

don't worry too much.. the HSC is a joke

some advice:

Once an exam is finished, it's finished.. No postmortems. It is very likely that you will not do as well as you expected in an exam or two, try not to think about it afterwards... I know this is obvious but most people don't act rationally for some odd reason.

You know what they say about don't cram new information the night before? well I think that is BS.. If you still have to learn something the night before, consider staying up with coffee and food (if you're staying up for the night.. make sure you eat)

Personal experience suggests that time is often not quite enough. Try to hurry up with the earlier sections.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)