Letters about the PIP (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

Has anyone today received a letter about their PIP being awarded a prize or it being a high distinction or distinction? Just wondering too if from last year who got a letter in the mail did it come on the same day as you got your results in the mail? So many questions for answering but soz. I thought that my PIP would achieve at least a 29 out of 30. I did mine on homosexuality in the media with the title "is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? the Representaion of Homosexuality in the Australian Television Media!" Well give me all the goss about the letters and post if you got one!!! Aswell i thought i didi well coz i got 94 for society and culture for my examination mark.
Cya LAter and Love
Chris. xxoo

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
94 is great, but let's think about it for a moment. If you could have gotten 30/30 for your PIP, in exam you would have got 64/70?

I think, according to someone, you get the letter early next year.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i'm probably insanely wrong but i thought the letters came out when the pips did..

ChRiS_2004

No i was reading some of last years threads about the PIP and when the letters came out that they got them when they got their results but it has to be after coz then they know that they already got 30 or 29 or 28 or whatever and you arent supposed to know until ytou get your results. Anyways any one else know about what happens?

*rinney*

HSC
Yeah, I just posted this in another thread just then. Like, when can we found out what our PIP marks were. I think it's gay how we can't find out our marks for PIP. :confused:
Anyhoo, my S+C teacher said she would try and work out what I got when the results come in *waiting, waiting* :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You can't work out your PIP mark based on the HSC mark. You need to apply for your raw mark for the PIP component under the FOI act and a fee. See the HSC Mark forum for more information.

*rinney*

HSC
Survivor39 said:
You can't work out your PIP mark based on the HSC mark. You need to apply for your raw mark for the PIP component under the FOI act and a fee. See the HSC Mark forum for more information.
oh right, so does that mean that the marks i received on friday over the net were not the raw marks? were they the scaled ones? :confused:

*rinney*

HSC
actually, i get it. my exam mark was 94 so that means between the society and culture examination and my PIP i only lost 6 marks right? :uhhuh:
so the lowest mark i could have got for my PIP would have been 24/30 which would mean 100% in my exam... (unlikely, as i know i lost a couple of marks)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
*rinney* said:
oh right, so does that mean that the marks i received on friday over the net were not the raw marks? were they the scaled ones? :confused:
The marks you've received on friday are aligned marks, not raw marks. Scaled marks are used for UAI purposes, which is a different story.

*rinney* said:
actually, i get it. my exam mark was 94 so that means between the society and culture examination and my PIP i only lost 6 marks right? :uhhuh:
so the lowest mark i could have got for my PIP would have been 24/30 which would mean 100% in my exam... (unlikely, as i know i lost a couple of marks)
Techically no. The marks you received are, as I have mentioned, aligned marks. Which means they are not indicative of what you really got in both the PIP and the exam added together.

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Ajusted according to what each band descriptors say that a student should have achieved in each band.

leylana_diamond

Letter

I got a letter yesturday saying i got a HD and the civic and citizenship prize. The award ceremony is on the 25th of Feb. SO happy I thought i might but once 2005 came I had given up!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
leylana_diamond said:
I got a letter yesturday saying i got a HD and the civic and citizenship prize. The award ceremony is on the 25th of Feb. SO happy I thought i might but once 2005 came I had given up!
What is your overall Society and Culture mark? Are you in the top 10 on the Honour roll?

And sarah, what did the two fo your friends got as their overall marks? Are they in the top 10 of the honour roll?

leylana_diamond

HD letter

I only got 91 (I thought the pip winners would have got better) for society and culture overall and 90UAI. I guess i didnt do as good in my test but got 100% for the pip.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
leylana_diamond said:
I only got 91 (I thought the pip winners would have got better) for society and culture overall and 90UAI. I guess i didnt do as good in my test but got 100% for the pip.
Well done to you anyway for your outstanding PIP! :D

xotic_rose

i got a 90 for my ext exam mark in sac... jus came back from overseas to find out that i got a distinction in my pip. i was sooo stoked and not expecting it at all. of course my marks aren't as good as everyone elses here though - congrats!! :)

*sarah*

HSC
Survivor39 said:
And sarah, what did the two fo your friends got as their overall marks? Are they in the top 10 of the honour roll?
One got 96, the other 95 (i think) and neither were on the honour roll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)