Liar, Liar, Tyres on Fire (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
I went out with my mother today (driving). I signaled to turn left into a street and then this freak driving a van tries to overtake me whilst I am turning, get this: FROM THE LEFT SIDE. What a bloody idiot.
And there was an island as well so he flipped over a few times and slid across the road about 20m ahead.
He was clearly at fault. Then his brother shows up out of no-where and starts talking for him. They want to take me to court over the stupid damages.
I wrote a 1 page report and we're going to file it tomorrow or whatever.
This guy is fully licenced. I'm on my freaking Ls and I know the road rules.

Btw, I was driving 40-50km/h and he was speeding... 60+.

It was shit scary. My thoughts, in order: "Money/damages/court/costs...we're going to die....he's dead...they're going to take my licence...dad's going to kill me". I braked as soon as we hit but the dumbass kept going.

People are trying to kill me already. Let me live to 21 ffs.

Anybody else crashed as a learner?

williamc

HSC
make sure you do atleast 120 hours or death to everyone on the road.

You don't have a communist sticker on your back window do you. Coz that woudl explain the attempted murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: x1

bassistx

HSC
I'm on the old 50 hours system, but I'd do at least 100 before going for my driving test. But this guy was seriously crazy. I'm a pretty good driver for a learner, I handled it well. He came out the top of the van and all I could think was "zombie... Shaun of the Dead". I thought it was a movie.

williamc

HSC
bassistx said:
I'm on the old 50 hours system, but I'd do at least 100 before going for my driving test. But this guy was seriously crazy. I'm a pretty good driver for a learner, I handled it well. He came out the top of the van and all I could think was "zombie... Shaun of the Dead". I thought it was a movie.
Fucking weirdo.

williamc

HSC
Ive gone close, driving to work on sunday mornings, hungover as a cunt. Went to change lanes, didn't indicate, person was next to me, they had to go up onto the median strip.

Also trying to be a sick kunt and drift in a front wheel driving around a roundabout in the wet.

bout it reaallly.

CieL

HSC
I don't really get this..

Could clarify by stating how many lanes and what type of road this is..

Because in my imagination, if you're turning left, you shouldn't have so much room on your left side for another vehicle to be next to you side by side [in the case of a single laned road]..

Also, did this street also have a right turn?

And it's so confusing.. once you turn left, there's an island?!
I thought islands were meant to be on the right side after you turn left.

This story seriously doesnt make sense.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah Basstix your story is a bit confusing.

Hmm, did you take any photo's at the scene or have any other witness statements? This is gonna be a bitch to sort out through insurance coz the other bloke blames you. Looks like you'll have to take it up with your insurer and get them to assess it but yeah looks like you'll be forking out $500+ if they can't find the other driver clearly at fault. Coz some P-plater f'in rammed the side of my car on Saturday and now won't sort it out so I have to prove he was at fault now, fuck!!! :angry:

Also the cops won't give a shit about it coz no one was hurt and no major damage was done, but if this guy is really an asshole and threatens to sue your ass best to get your mum to file it with the cops.

Nah didn't have any accidents as Learner one of my friends totalled a tarago on her L's as she was window shopping while driving :uhoh:

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
i didnt crash as a learner
didnt crash as a P1
didn't crash as P2

ive never even so much as scraped the car against anything

im a pretty awesome driver.

boris

Banned
HSC
mostly i'm confused about how he overtook you from the left side if you were turning left.
perplexing.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bassistx said:
I went out with my mother today (driving). I signaled to turn left into a street and then this freak driving a van tries to overtake me whilst I am turning, get this: FROM THE LEFT SIDE. What a bloody idiot.
And there was an island as well so he flipped over a few times and slid across the road about 20m ahead.
He was clearly at fault. Then his brother shows up out of no-where and starts talking for him. They want to take me to court over the stupid damages.
I wrote a 1 page report and we're going to file it tomorrow or whatever.
This guy is fully licenced. I'm on my freaking Ls and I know the road rules.
Some people will do exactly what the driver's brother did in an attempt to force you into admitting liability. If you do that, they've got one over you and you'll never make the difference back. When I had an accident in 2006, the driver of one of the cars kept trying to force me into admitting I was at fault so he could claim on insurance when it was environemntal cnditions and mechanical failure that caused the accident. The only thing I said wen when one person following me said "I can't bellieve you just did that"; my reply was "No fucking shit, lady, d'you think I was aiming for her!?"

F2001

HSC
bassistx said:
Anybody else crashed as a learner?
Yes

The guy was speeding (20 over spd limit at least) basically came out of nowhere, had the whole 2 lanes on the left to avoid me. Speeding for what? A red light:pain:

I didn't have insurance (thieves anyway). If you don't have insurance, you"ll need some luck for the lying scums/hard evidence

I got done with $1000

Thankfully minor damage to my car (scuff marks, front corner bumper).

williamc said:
Ive gone close, driving to work on sunday mornings, hungover as a cunt. Went to change lanes, didn't indicate, person was next to me, they had to go up onto the median strip.

Also trying to be a sick kunt and drift in a front wheel driving around a roundabout in the wet.

bout it reaallly.
Well you were hungover, but I've seen so many other [normal condition] P plate motherfuckers do this especially on 3-4 lane roads. They just flick it on and go, and I'm the one swerving out/avoiding. meanwhile I've wtached their head through the windshields and they don't even notice/acknowledge (I mean they don't turn their head) then they get so hostile when you call em out at the lights.:pain:

What it sounds like to me from the OP, it was a single lane road and this tool made a serious misjudgement (lol).
I mean people can overtake when you're turning right (on the left).
Next time, I really should let them hit me in pos and they can ruin their 'rents car.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm having a hard time visualising this, where was the island? can you draw us a pic or something? i'm imagining that you started turning left, the dude overtook you and the island was on both of your right sides but a little bit ahead, and so when you collided he kind of got pushed onto/over the island which caused him to roll.

am i thinking of it right? (i'm assuming it was a suburban street, not a multi lane road or anything)

but anyway, however it happened, the guy was a total douche. i hate people like that.

there's this one t-intersection that i hate turning from because there's a corner where you can't really see people coming around the bend until they're all the way around, and people are idiots and ignore the speed limit and just fly around the corner, so if you're turning right onto that bit of road you really have to watch it or you could get rammed up the backside by someone speeding, as you turn. i've had a few close calls and they always blare the horn at me like it's my fault they were doing 100 in a 60 zone :/ wtf

bassistx

HSC
williamc said:
You don't have a communist sticker on your back window do you. Coz that woudl explain the attempted murder.
That's not funny. This is very serious.

williamc said:
Fucking weirdo.
My mother had the same reaction. We thought he was dead, okay? Even the paramedics were going on about how lucky he was to have survived. We thought he came back to life or something. It was the most frightening thing I've ever seen.

Azamakumar said:
And you say women aren't bad drivers.
He hit me. The GUY hit me, a GIRL. It was the other way around ffs. Don't blame me just 'cause.

CieL said:
Could clarify by stating how many lanes and what type of road this is..
I'm going to explain with a diagram lol it is a bit confusing.

The blue rounded rectangle is my car.
The green rounded rectangle is the van.
The red arrows indicate the direction of the traffic.
The black squashed circle on the side street is the island.
So there are 4 lanes. But 2 are incoming traffic, of course.

So you can see that I was turning to turn into the street and he rammed into me, mounted the island, and his vehicle flipped over multiple times before sliding across the road to end up near the very far right lane (incoming traffic).
His version of the story is that I was in the right lane and signaled to turn into the left lane - to avoid me, he drove onto the island. Which is completely false, of course. How can someone going 50 hit someone going 70? I think it's very clear who was at fault.

Because in my imagination, if you're turning left, you shouldn't have so much room on your left side for another vehicle to be next to you side by side [in the case of a single laned road]..
I tried to make this clear in the diagram, but it's hard. The street is VERY wide. Two cars can turn into at the same time (side by side). The street is not a straight 90 degree angle. It's quite curved. There were cars parked to the kerb, so I took more to the middle of the street to avoid hitting them (remember it can take 2 cars). This in turn left more room at the very corner of the street (where the cars were parked). In this small space, his speed created a chance for him overtake. Silly, but whatever. I was driving 40-50km/h and he was driving 60-70km/h (he said this himself).

Also, did this street also have a right turn?
Right where?

Riet said:
You must be shit.
Like I said, he was at fault. Instead of stopping (the sensible thing to do, which also happens to be the action I took), he continued.

F2001 said:
Yes
I didn't have insurance (thieves anyway). If you don't have insurance, you"ll need some luck for the lying scums/hard evidence

I got done with $1000
This is the issue here. Neither of us have insurance. The money will come out of our pockets. It's $10,000-$15,000 damages for his car + legal costs. It could up to $50,000 depending on how far he takes this. That's not including the costs of our car which is absolute rubbish - the underframe has fallen apart.
He's got 2 witnesses and the police don't want to investigate because it's minor. I'm screwed. One of the witnesses (I didn't see the other, but my mother did) was coming from the incoming traffic. On the very far right lane. There were 2 lanes in between us, it is impossible for her to have seen what happened.
And she didn't stop until after the van had come to a complete stop. She didn't see the accident ffs.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I still fail to understand why he was able to overtake you from the left, it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

He could be right, if htere was enough room to overtake you then you probably were in the right lane.

ololol

bassistx

HSC
The street was not 90 degrees, it was curved. Two cars can fit in. I took to the middle of the street because there were cars parked near the kerb. Because I left that space, he thought he could overtake me in that little tiny space.
I can't explain it anymore than that without an animation lol.

HSC
I think I understand what you mean. But you shouldn't be giving other drivers that much room, even if they were in the wrong.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Azamakumar said:
I still fail to understand why he was able to overtake you from the left, it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

He could be right, if htere was enough room to overtake you then you probably were in the right lane.

ololol
no, i understand what she means. think of it as a wide, winding road more than a corner. she drove in the middle of her lane to avoid hitting parked cars, and the guy in the van went way to the left of the lane to try and squeeze past her on the left and failed miserably. at least that is now my understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)