Librarians course.. (1 Viewer)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Anyone here do it? Its held at Mt Druitt and Ultimo apparently.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
There's 3 level apparently but i think it's interesting as librarians have one of the easy occupations just looking for books and helping poeple with the odd computer problems.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Librarian, Library Assistant and Library Technician.

I think. And its not as easy as you'd think.. sure its no lawyer type work load... but the librarian runs a library, from customers to product. They have to be able to balance their finances, take care of the computers and books, buy new ones etc etc.

Seems like fun to me... but then again.. i like that stuffs.

soso

HSC
N/A
Eviltama please change your avatar, it is offensive to women it glorifies violence and sexual gratification

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by soso
Eviltama please change your avatar, it is offensive to women it glorifies violence and sexual gratification
I think eviltama is a girl to clear things up first.

If you fill uncomfortable about the avatar then i recommend that that you contact her privately through a PM or email.

If you still feel that the issue is not resolved then you should contact one of the Admin in this case Lazarus.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4

soso

HSC
N/A
Hi Mr Wiggle

I have done all the things you suggested. The silence is deafening.

eviltama must have received my request and Lazarus too but no response. THis is sad. The avatar is offensive. It does not matter if it is put there by a woman or a man

It is bad. It is even worse when eviltama has made several posts as the image runs down the side of the page and you cant get away from it.

It is intersting that this is the first time I have seen such trash on this site. I am puzzled why Lazarus and eviltama have not responded. I have been sending messages for three days.

I ask everyone who finds it offensive to email eviltama and lazarus to say so.

The image shows someone using a knife to cut off a girls shirt. This is not in doubt. It exposes the girls breasts for the vicarious plesures of others. Is it any wonder that violence is perpetrated on women when images of violence with a sexual overtone are seen as everyday forms of entertainment.

The image is so not acceptable on a site that is dedicated to education and the exchange of information

Please remove the avatar or ask for the avatar to be removed.

Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
I think eviltama is a girl to clear things up first.

If you fill uncomfortable about the avatar then i recommend that that you contact her privately through a PM or email.

If you still feel that the issue is not resolved then you should contact one of the Admin in this case Lazarus.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=4

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by soso
Hi Mr Wiggle

I have done all the things you suggested. The silence is deafening.

eviltama must have received my request and Lazarus too but no response. THis is sad. The avatar is offensive. It does not matter if it is put there by a woman or a man

It is bad. It is even worse when eviltama has made several posts as the image runs down the side of the page and you cant get away from it.

It is intersting that this is the first time I have seen such trash on this site. I am puzzled why Lazarus and eviltama have not responded. I have been sending messages for three days.

I ask everyone who finds it offensive to email eviltama and lazarus to say so.

The image shows someone using a knife to cut off a girls shirt. This is not in doubt. It exposes the girls breasts for the vicarious plesures of others. Is it any wonder that violence is perpetrated on women when images of violence with a sexual overtone are seen as everyday forms of entertainment.

The image is so not acceptable on a site that is dedicated to education and the exchange of information

Please remove the avatar or ask for the avatar to be removed.

whoa...... u waz serious about it.....Lolz :p

Laz is probably busy with his shitload of law readings...:D

soso

HSC
N/A
Yes I am serious. Women are devalued all the time in media and art. This leads woment o be treated as less than others.

We live in a multicultural society. Is it any wonder that some cultures with a conservative view of what women should do would think that australian culute reflects an attitude that women are easy and willing for sex even if they say no.

Eviltama has stated to me that S&M sex is desirable. This may be so for some but flaunting it in the manner of the avatar leads to the formation of inaccurate opinions about australain women. This leads to inappropriate behaviour to many australain women.

Read court transcripts of recent rape cases to see what I mean.

It would be easy to say nothing. Certainly I have been on the receiving end of insults and told that I am of no consequence because of my opinion.

It is an issue that needsd to be addressed. I am saying enough is enough. It may be that eviltama does not think so and is of the opinion enough is not enough now. When she is on the receving end of unwanted attentions her current actions would have interesting weight in a courtroom. It would not be to her benefit.

SHe has threatened me with removal from the site in her role as moderator. An interesting use off her power. I may be a lone voice but I believe I am not the only one to dislike and object to her use of avatar.

If you do say so

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
Oh for crying out loud. I threatened to remove ur irrelevant posts, don't start getting melodramatic about it.

For a start women have been 'devalued' in the media and art for many years, probably as long as media and art have been around.. it would have occured before then too in all likelyhood. (I mean it had to start somewhere?) I'm not saying its right, i'm not saying its wrong. I'm saying it happens, it has always happened.. iit is not only history it is fact.

Is it any wonder that some cultures with a conservative view of what women should do would think that australian culute reflects an attitude that women are easy and willing for sex even if they say no.
Australian culture has always viewed women as easy. Easy going, shelias that is. It is OTHER cultures, those more conservative ones that view our culture as 'easy'. No has always and will always mean NO. If the attention is unwanted, say NO... and then (if they don't seem to understand) proceed to show them what NO means painfully. Cultures with conservatives views.. are the ones that don't give their women freedom of choice, don't allow their women to choose their own husbands, don't allow their women any sort of rights and/or treat their women like worthless pieces of trash. Of course thats the stereotype, the truth may be far from that, or right on the nose. Depending on the family, the religion etc.

Eviltama has stated to me that S&M sex is desirable. This may be so for some but flaunting it in the manner of the avatar leads to the formation of inaccurate opinions about australain women. This leads to inappropriate behaviour to many australain women.
BDSM is a popular hobby/lifestyle, and any inaccurate portrayals of this hobby/lifestyle are due to lack of understanding. Those who live these type of lifestyles do try to inform others about it, but unfortunately some people just can't accept anything but plain vanilla. Their choice, whatever. This also means it is their choice to ignore the information given to them, and to be ignorant of the truth.

And i don't see people rushing out to copy my av. Or rushing to the kitchen to cut open their shirts. Inappropriate behaviour is not only taken part in by australian women, it is taken part in by ALL women. And it is learnt from family, friends, society, culture and many more important factors. MY av is not one of these factors.

If you were to read recent rape cases you might learn that rape is not always about skanky hoes who flaunt themselves for all to see. A married woman can be raped by her own husband. A child can be raped by a friend or even a teacher, none of this has anything to do with flaunting, inappropriate behaviour or such like.

If i ever get on the receiving ends of unwanted attentions i shall do what i am trained to do, and make sure i receive the least injuries and suffering. Don't use the word rape lightly, don't even think of the idea lightly. It is a serious subject and it demeans innocent rape victims to have to talk about them as if they were the reason they were raped. They have enough problems than having someone who knows nothing about the situation making rash judgements based on their dislike of an av.

The matter is in the hands of the Admins and mods please leave it as such.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Can we leave the infighting out of this thread.
i think it's hard for people to ask for help when they see people being angry with each other about issues which could be solved through other medium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)