Licence Suspended ... Suspended twice ?? (1 Viewer)

ihatetestz

HSC
Details

Red p's ... thus 4 points

Speeding 10 over = 4 points

Driving a manual without correct licence = 2 points

Currently on my 3 month Automatic suspension for speeding.

Questions

Will i be given an extra suspension for exceeding my points???

I am eligible for green p's as soon as i get them back (roughly 6 weeks)

Does that help the matter at all ?

Or will i get my licence back and then recieve some intresting mail saying im due for another suspension for going over my points limit?

Have called the RTA multiple times and they keep saying you are given a 3 month suspension but i dont think they consider the whole 2 points over the 4 limit....

Also it seems in some cases you get your licence back after the 3 months with 4 - (excess points) so in my case ill have 2 points ?

And in other cases such as excess speed they get an extra 3 months after because they lose like 5 or 6 points from speeding.

ihatetestz

HSC
Thanks.

Yeah man should've seen me i was absolutely flooring it hooning around doing 10km over the speed limit... :uhhuh:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The police and RTA are really into this whole retrospective point deduction thing.

You've already been punished for what you did. Whether that punishment is redundant is irrelevant.

ihatetestz

HSC
The police and RTA are really into this whole retrospective point deduction thing.

You've already been punished for what you did. Whether that punishment is redundant is irrelevant.
Thanks for your reply.

Bit confused with what you mean ?

are you trying to say that i will be getting the 2 suspension for exceeding the allowable points?

madsam

God among men
HSC
My friend was busted speeding 60k's over the limit, the popo took his license on the spot and issued 6 month suspension and $1600 fine. Then when he got it back from the RTA he was given a month notice that his license would be suspended for a further 3 months (No demerit points). The time on his red P's was reset when it was taken away by the popo, but the month +3month RTA suspension still count for some reason.

So he got his license taken for 6 months, got it back for a month, gone for a further 3, and then when he got it back he only has to do 8 more months on his red p's

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My friend was busted speeding 60k's over the limit, the popo took his license on the spot and issued 6 month suspension and $1600 fine. Then when he got it back from the RTA he was given a month notice that his license would be suspended for a further 3 months (No demerit points). The time on his red P's was reset when it was taken away by the popo, but the month +3month RTA suspension still count for some reason.

So he got his license taken for 6 months, got it back for a month, gone for a further 3, and then when he got it back he only has to do 8 more months on his red p's
Red P plater doing 60km/h over the limit (i.e. 120 in a 60 zone or 180 in a 120 zone) is a retard. Well deserved IMO.

ihatetestz

HSC
pretty sure over 45km/h is 12 month suspension??? I wish i was as cool as ur friend what a fucking retard.

Dont think that applies to my situation though.

Zozo6969

HSC
red p's is an immediate 3 month suspension for speeding, plus u will get an extra 3 month suspension for exceeding your demerit points. 6 months buddy

ihatetestz

HSC
red p's is an immediate 3 month suspension for speeding, plus u will get an extra 3 month suspension for exceeding your demerit points. 6 months buddy
Cheers for ur reply.

Can i ask if this is based on experience or same sort of thing (NON excessive speed related) has happened to some one you know ? By this i mean receiving an extra 3 month suspension after the speeding related suspension (once again noting that this is not considered excessive speed).

In such a case would getting green p's before receiving a second notice of suspension change anything ?

Pretty stupid how they don't give you it all in one go.... Would be alot easier to know you are suspended for 6 months straight up.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
In short, you lost 6 points total. At the end of the suspension you get 4 back, and won't have to take another break.

EDIT: fucks sake you guys have no clue how it works. The reason red p platers get suspensions for everything is because any speeding offence does away with all your points. There actually is no suspension penalty for speeding unless you're doing 30+.

ihatetestz

HSC
In short, you lost 6 points total. At the end of the suspension you get 4 back, and won't have to take another break.

EDIT: fucks sake you guys have no clue how it works. The reason red p platers get suspensions for everything is because any speeding offence does away with all your points. There actually is no suspension penalty for speeding unless you're doing 30+.
That makes lots of sense...

The reason why i kept specifying excluding excessive speed is the only people i could relate to had done excessive speeds and after the first 3 months they got another.

Thanks for your reply man.

So hopefully i will be getting my red p's back with 2 points on them ? and wont be getting any nasty surprises later on lol. I would be getting my green p's in the week that i get my licence back.

Still not 100% though caus i cant seem to find info on this sort of topic anywhere on RTA and they are so keen to hangup on you on the phone lol.

Kralex

HSC
I imagine you will be getting a nasty surprise later on from another speed incident lol.

ihatetestz

HSC
I imagine you will be getting a nasty surprise later on from another speed incident lol.
Haha mate hopefully not for a while ey ;) :angel:. New cars too much of a target...

Anyways cheers for ur replies.

chuboy

HSC
Also I'm pretty sure while your licence is suspended that doesn't count as having your licence...so you will need to wait a further 3 months to get your licence upgraded to P2.

Although that might only be in QLD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)