licence suspension (1 Viewer)

randomaero

HSC
hey i'm on my red Ps and got booked the other day for breaking the p plate curfew and not displaying p plates properly.

i got a total of 4 demerit pts for the curfew and 3 for the p plate display = a total of 7 demerit pts

on my reds i have 4 demerit pts and i just started my 3 month suspension. i was told by the rta guy that when i get my licence back in 3 months i'll get all 4 demerit points back. is this true?

thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

777underoath

HSC
what curfew
The one where you're only allowed to have one passenger under the age of 25, or 21 I can't remember, after 11PM.

Yeah, I guess you'd get your demerit points back. I'm not sure as I haven't had any experience in the matter yet.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
That is 7 points? That is fucking ridiculous.

That is the most moronic thing i have ever heard of. The rule is dumb to start with, because it has a very low chance of hurting someone unless you are already breaking the law. Fuck me that is astonishing.

I dont know if you get all your points back, you might need to serve several sequential disqualifications?

randomaero

HSC
it was actually 4 pts. but still utter crap

so will i get my licence back in 3 months with only 1 demerit point left, or have all 4 restored?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
well it isnt an automatic 3 month suspension, so i dont know for sure. Iv had friends do 2 consecutive 3 month suspensions.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
whatever points cause you to go over what you have left and get you suspended are 'refunded' at teh end of the suspension (otherwise you'd have no points left etc).

out of curiousity how did you get caught? 2 RBTs at 1/2am with a car full of friends and I was always allowed to finish my trip.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ok so.

i lost 3/4 points for P1 speeding, didnt serve the suspension. had 0 points.

So i was on 3 points and lost 4, at the end of my suspension ill be back on how many will i have

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
wait i have accrued 8 points, and i am allowed 7, after my 3 months will i be back to 0 or 7 or

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
ok so.

i lost 3/4 points for P1 speeding, didnt serve the suspension. had 0 points.

So i was on 3 points and lost 4, at the end of my suspension ill be back on how many will i have
were on 3, lost 4
suspension over = get 4 back

also isn't no p plates a 2 point offence? might wanna look that one up

LICENCE - PROVISIONAL
Not comply P/P1 licence - No P plates as required (Class C) $197 2 RT (DL) Reg 2008
Cl 114 (1)

source: Demerit point offences - search

you'd want to chase that up before you pay the fine. the officer wrote me down for 3 points for a 5 point offence, they ended up taking just 4 because thats hte min for a learner. ie they could fix it but chances are they won't, so i'd look into it

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hey i'm on my red Ps and got booked the other day for breaking the p plate curfew and not displaying p plates properly.

i got a total of 4 demerit pts for the curfew and 3 for the p plate display = a total of 7 demerit pts

on my reds i have 4 demerit pts and i just started my 3 month suspension. i was told by the rta guy that when i get my licence back in 3 months i'll get all 4 demerit points back. is this true?

thanks for any help!!
if he said so than i say it would be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)