"Lies"- cartoon by Leunig (1 Viewer)

gloomy_ash

HSC
Heeey,

I've searched the forum far and wide, and i cannot locate the cartoon "Lies" by Leunig. The links i've tried in the forum no longer link to the cartoon so i was wondering whether anyone still have the cartoon? I have an urgent need to find a related text for Telling the Truth module, this week before my trials!! so if anyone has it..could they please send/upload it please???

MUCH APPRECIATED!! THANKS!

nessaprincipesa

HSC
i thought i was the only one without a related text at this point! omg trial is on tuesday and im screwed!!

gloomy_ash

HSC
oh no...you sure won't be the only person without any related material...

my school has just STARTED frontline...and our trials are in a weeks time, so we all feel screwed!

SO IF ANYONE HAS "LIES"...PLEASE UPLOAD??!!

aethr

HSC

There you go, im pretty sure thats the one.

Shapes

HSC
wow...that's a nice cartoon...it's so true as well *LOL* but it's too late for me, my Paper 2 modules trial for eng is tomorrow and I've already got all the essays written and memorised =X maybe i can replace it with one of my other ones *scratching my head*

thanks! I put it into my essay =D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Shapes said:
wow...that's a nice cartoon...it's so true as well *LOL* but it's too late for me, my Paper 2 modules trial for eng is tomorrow and I've already got all the essays written and memorised =X maybe i can replace it with one of my other ones *scratching my head*

thanks! I put it into my essay =D
It seems like a really easy text that many will probably do for the HSC. If you feel you have better texts, then go with it. But the more the merrier I would suppose, if it adds to your argument!

I had a situation where I studied more than enough texts, all contrasting. It helped me a lot, because my extra extra text came in handy and fitted the question perfectly!

Shapes

HSC
hmm ~ actually yeh that's a better idea...I'll use this cartoon just as back-up incase the question is some wierd one ~ you never know ^o^"

...I'm doing a newsapaper article and a documentary btw =D they're pretty good already and are easy to remember and relate to!

gloomy_ash

HSC
thanks aethr!!!! trials on monday...life saver!

YuMchA

HSC
ONe question wat a the refrences for this text?? like date publication isnt that needed for extra text?

ROCKkillsTECHNO

HSC
I wouldn't use lies if I was you for the final HSC exam guys. It's all well and good just to cruise through the trials using this baby... but for the final exam can you imagine HOW MANY copies of 'lies' there will be. If your interpretation isn't the absoulte best, the markers will just scan over it and now be too impressed.

Use something deeper with more to work with, like Fahrenheit 9/11 or another film/bigger text with more techniques to analyse.

minajan

HSC
Imaginative Journey

hi every1 i kno dis site isnt wat u guys r discussing abt 'journey',i really need some texts on imaginative journey.my speech is in like 2 weeks.
help me out thnks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)