life in 20th Century. texts?? (1 Viewer)

shoepopper

HSC
hey everyone

i really need help on finding supplementary material for life in the 20th century. i have no idea what to look for, i was hoping to find an image from the war but i dont know how i could talk about that in an essay. does anyone have any suggestions?

thankyou =)

E

Empyrean444

I presume the subject is English.

Before finding texts i would do some preliminary reserach so you have a general idea about life in the particular phase of C20 which you choose to discuss. This idea may seem unorthodox, but you could use 1984 as a vision for what life "could" have beeen like in that part of C20. If you can find someones memoirs they might provide useful information on your topic.

I think it would be a good idea for you to take supp. material which describe life at different stages of the century, (eg one text about 1920, another from 1950 etc).

You could with little difficulty discuss a picture in an essay IF you wanted to. Simply comment on it from a historical perspective, insofar as what does This part of the picture tell us about life in C20, ie dilapidated housing or mould on walls are indicative of lack of hygeine, hardship and poverty which was characteristic of the people's living standards in the picture within their given context.

I apologise as i have no specific texts to suggest

shoepopper

HSC
yeah, i think im heading towards conflict in the 20th century more than anything else, just because it would be easier to talk about.

thanks alot for the advice on analysing a picture =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)