Lines of defence (1 Viewer)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Hey, I really don't understand in the immune response what the lines of defence are? I'm guessing skin is 1st, but where do the mucous membranes, inflammation and antibodies fit in?
Please help.

adnan91

HSC
skin and mucus membranes are first. inflamtion is second along with phagocytosis, cell death seal off thingo, complement system and interferon production. third is B and T-cells where plasma B cells produce anti bodies..

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Ok thanks heaps. It seems the deeper we go the more complicated it all becomes. For the first line I'l right: don't let that damn pathogen get in! The rest requires some intense studying.

dolbinau

HSC
This may help you remember

1st line - Barriers to prevent pathogens from entering body

2nd line - Non-specific defense adaptations that work to fight non-specific pathogens.

3rd line - T Cells/B cells which fight specific antigens.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Hey that's the breakdown I was looking for :uhhuh: thanks. I'll copy and paste it right into my study notes.

Czrbonium

HSC
dolbinau said:
3rd line - T Cells/B cells which fight specific antigens.
Don't forget that phagocytosis and other non-specific defences are still active during the immune response (3rd Line of Defense).

mwillmott

HSC
Hi my name is Willmott. I enjoy online counter strike and frequently go on eating championships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)