Linkage In Essay (1 Viewer)

wintersnowangel

HSC
about section 3, with linking the texts together .. do they have to specifically all link to the prescribed text? or can they just all relate to each other .. just say .. the stimulus linking with the related texts? =/

yourowndisaster

HSC
i think that would be fine...
although i think they're probably expecting you to compare the stimulus & other related text/s with the poems.
but hey, whatever works for you i suppose

xx

s1mplykat

HSC
asked my english teacher to look over my essay to help me cut out irrelevant things cus i kept going over time.. and she cut out the linking to other text saying that it wasnt really necessary

Andrea.B

HSC
Generally providing links between all of your texts through comparing and contrasting techniques and concepts gets better marks than no linking at all.

A way to cut down on the unnecessary stuff is to assume that the marker knows the text you are writing about and focus more on the techniques that are used to convey the message rather than a recount of the text (ie. retelling the story).

Keskimo

HSC
kazan said:
im not sure you have to link them to each other at all

only to the question being asked

that being said

linking the text is a much more developed technique than simply refering to them individually
when you discuss all your text at once, what unifying concept(s) do you attribute to your paragraphs (e.g iniation of journey, process of journey)? i tried doing an integrated essay like that and it was a right mess. i found i linked more effectivly, through both techniques and concepts, when discussing texts in paragraphs. that's just what works for me. i do think you need to include some links expecially when introducing new texts.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah you can link anything, either by noting similarities, differences for techniques or journeys.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Linkage provides synthesis in an essay, so your argument flows well. It is a minor aspect of the marking criteria, but it does help to have some sort of linkage in your response.

bboyelement

HSC
i linked them at the end of the essay ... is that bad or should i do it at the end of each paragraph

Naylyn

HSC
I'm going to be writing my essays in a structure similar to the structure in the guide to writing better essays which can be found from the page that linked you here, which should automatically link the concepts together.

zedzed

HSC
is it enough to just use a transitional link at the start of each paragraph like "in contrast" or "similarly" or "additionally"? or is that not sufficient linking? argh!!

Lizcat

HSC
is it really bad to just write about each text individually.. becoz i really dont know how to otherwise, can someone help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)