LinkedIn help (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I have been facing an issue where my previous position (in which I'm no longer working) still appears in the intro section (the first section you see when you're on someone's profile) of my profile despite the fact that I'm no longer working in that position and have unticked the "I am currently working in this role" option.

Does LinkedIn show your most recent position in the intro section regardless of whether or not you are still working in that role? If not, how could I remove it from the intro section and instead only have it in the experience section like it was before?

I would really appreciate it if anyone who's good with LinkedIn could help.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: just found out there is no way to do this without deleting the whole experience from my profile... Not a great solution, LinkedIn :(

Last edited:

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
What if you updated your account with details of your current position? Would that push the old position off the Intro section? If you are not currently in the workforce, can you describe yourself as a student in your current area of study? I must admit I’ve never changed my profile as I’ve held the same job/position for eighteen years.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What if you updated your account with details of your current position? Would that push the old position off the Intro section? If you are not currently in the workforce, can you describe yourself as a student in your current area of study? I must admit I’ve never changed my profile as I’ve held the same job/position for eighteen years.
I'm not currently employed but will be working 2 jobs in a few weeks so that's definitely a solution. The intro section displays both your educational institution as well as your position/company, so adding both means the intro section will actually display both.

Wow, the same job for 18 years. You are very committed 👏

Thanks for the suggestion!

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
If only this were possible in today's market :(
I hope @jimmysmith560 will forgive this thread going off on a different tangent.

It IS tough for your generation (I’m sorry), although I assure you that I haven’t coasted (twenty five years of formal study & training and my fair share of 70hr working weeks, a significant portion unpaid). I think it is still possible to find jobs/positions with security but most well paid positions will probably be very demanding and require frequent updating of knowledge & skill sets.

I do think the economy is ’broken’ - so many people looking for jobs whilst those who have jobs are overworked. I’ve never studied commerce or economics but I think those who purport to be experts are doing a poor job, although for the very few super rich, I guess the economy is working exactly as they would want it.

I’m just happy that I have a job that is productive, and not merely extractive (to be clear, I‘m not referring to those who are unable to find employment, but to the parts of the ‘financial’ industry which have turned the mechanisms for investing in productive activities into speculation and gambling).

Last edited:

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I'm not currently employed but will be working 2 jobs in a few weeks so that's definitely a solution. The intro section displays both your educational institution as well as your position/company, so adding both means the intro section will actually display both.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Congratulations & best wishes with your two new jobs.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I have been facing an issue where my previous position (in which I'm no longer working) still appears in the intro section (the first section you see when you're on someone's profile) of my profile despite the fact that I'm no longer working in that position and have unticked the "I am currently working in this role" option.

Does LinkedIn show your most recent position in the intro section regardless of whether or not you are still working in that role? If not, how could I remove it from the intro section and instead only have it in the experience section like it was before?

I would really appreciate it if anyone who's good with LinkedIn could help.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: just found out there is no way to do this without deleting the whole experience from my profile... Not a great solution, LinkedIn :(
imagine thinking linkedin matters as a uni student

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
how often has the linkedin profile made a positive impact vs a negative one?
Swings both ways in my experience. Sometimes it intrigues me and makes me more interested to meet someone, sometimes it leads me to ask something which they otherwise weren't intending to disclose, and sometimes it leads to a bit of smoke and mirrors.

It's also turned me off candidates altogether such that it's not worth my time to meet them for a role.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)