Linking to Ad & Ex1 (1 Viewer)

Lucie16

HSC
I just was wondering if anyone knew how essential it is to link to advanced and extension 1 courses. Can you just bullshit it or does your idea really have to spring from what you have learnt in other English?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think it's very bullshit-able. Just do it with class, and big words.

I managed to pull it off. Don't make it too simple, like say you were doing Postmodernism for Ext 1, don't say "it links to Ext 1 because my majorwork is postmodern". Try and make sure it sounds like you ARE doing a bit extra.

But yes, very bullshit-able. But it IS important, it's one of the dot points lol.

EDIT: Better not give the wrong message.... really really really try to extend from what you learn, even if it's a small brush over in English. It doesn't matter if it really sprouted from English Adv/Ext 1 or not, as long as it seems influential etc.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Its very very important that you show your mw links to the adv/ext english courses either prelim or HSC. Its much easier to finish it off then look back and find links which is what I did, and as long as you explain it clearly and concisely in your reflection statement you're sweet

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
But your links can be as vague as...

We read this book in prelim ex1 which my idea sprung from.

I critically study each of the bond films and use the skills learned in mod. b, crit. study of texts.

I also look at how the context impacts on the text using the skills learned in mod. a, comp. study of texts and contexts.

Thats more than enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)