LINKING TO THE QUESTION - Let's get this down straight. (1 Viewer)

diametric

HSC
I've been racking my brain and nerves about this for a few days now, and am annoyed.
Everytime I attempt a practise question, my involvement with the question just gets bigger and bigger.. and sometimes bigger than my damn analysis.

So. I want to get this straight.
HOW are we supposed to a link a prepared (memorised) response to the question we get?
I'm thinking:

Develop a thesis from it in the intro.
In topic sentences of body: for eg, During the fog's scene, Huck's ignorance towards black people is highlighted via his relationship with Jim along the physical journey; and through interpretation of the new (link to question), his racist preconceptions are fundamentally altered.

And then relate what Huck has learnt and what I have learnt in the final 2 or so sentences with the question.

Is this sufficient?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
This is where memoring the essay is a not so good idea. Why memorise an entire essay when you don't even know how to mould it to a given question. Please search the forums, i'm sure there are plenty of threads already detailing information about memorising essays and linking it to the question. If not, at least attempt to remember your main point in your essay and then write a well structured essay that is a better response to the question.

danz90

HSC
You shouldn't exactly memorise an essay... but memorise the skeletal structure of an essay. I personally have a set/defined methodical structure I use for each body paragraph in the physical journeys essay.

With linking to the question, its important you use appropriate quotes/references that refer to the question, and when you analyse the language devices, show how they reveal what is referred to in the question.... then you wouldn't be "top and tailing", which just means you're adding the questions key words to your generic essay.

My teacher advised us NOT to straight out memorise a generic essay word for word.. but rather have a set/defined essay structure in our head and memorise the quotes/references for each text and the analysis of language devices... so we can easily mould it into a question in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)