Links to the Advanced and Extension One courses (1 Viewer)

bigbirdbanana

HSC
So I'm writing my reflection statement and I'm trying to link my work to the Advanced and Extension One courses, however I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to be going about that (yes I know this is very last minute :S). My teacher said we should directly quote the syllabus and relate our work to that, but I've seen past reflection statements that simply talk about how a concept has influenced them. What are you guys doing?

Arcelia

HSC
My second-last paragraph throws in a mention of how the study of belonging/comparative texts/insertmorecrap has been developed upon as I have undertaken the wonders of 4U English.
Err. Something like that.
But seriously, it's a reflection on process rather than an effort to suck up to the BoS. My teacher said that we should mention it but it's not a big deal. Concept is obv. far more important; but, in my case, I'm finding it hard to write more than about 1200 words on my actual story - the rest is just waffle, so I don't mind putting it in. So I suppose do it to be safe, but yeah...it's not a huge deal.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So I'm writing my reflection statement and I'm trying to link my work to the Advanced and Extension One courses, however I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to be going about that (yes I know this is very last minute :S). My teacher said we should directly quote the syllabus and relate our work to that, but I've seen past reflection statements that simply talk about how a concept has influenced them. What are you guys doing?
Well, what topics in the Advanced or Extension 1 courses have helped shape your Major Work? This should be a very easy question to answer.

For example, my one was partially inspired by the work of John Fowles in The French Lieutenant's Woman - a prescribed text for the Textual Dynamics option in Extension 1 English.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
It's not that that I have an issue with, because I can relate it quite easily that way. However my teachers said that we shouldn't be looking at the topics so much as the actual syllabus outcomes from these courses, but idk if that's what everyone else is doing too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Syllabus outcomes? wat.

Well if you have to go that far to garner inspiration... then I suppose so. My reading of it is "how Advanced and Extension 1 have contributed to your major work". And I read that as 'oh well, EX1 gave me this book which helped make my work what it was' so... yeah.

bigbirdbanana

HSC
Yeah, I dunno :S I've sort of included a bit of both so hopefully that's fine because I just want it over with right now! Haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)