List of sins updated (2 Viewers)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
But what if you're using your obscene riches to fund genetic engineering into looking for a means to prevent pedophilia? What would the church say then?

munchiecrunchie

HSC
imo i think this whole "update" is a bit extreme. genetic engineering has saved many lives, and abortion is sometimes for the good.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
But we won't nark on the paedo priests who disclose their acts in confessional.

Faggots.
LOL yeahh some priest are the biggest pedos of all,
luring in little christian boys.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I think he chuch have gone on the record and said the only time abortion is acceptable is when to continue the pregnancy will endanger the life of the mother ... but I can't remember who said it or where.

Jess007

HSC
i think the 7 did us fine. i dont understand why they had to update them. they may aswell go ahead and write every bad thing mankind do. they are just making more sins up and making us think that we'll be condemned!
i didnt pick up my dogs droppings this arvo when i took it for a walk, will i go toh ell if i dont repent? lol

bassistx

HSC
This means there will be another horror flick coming out incorporating all the total of 14 sins. Can't wait. Se7en was pretty shitty.

dandoone

HSC
come to think of it,, they just defined America!
If you drive a car you are polluting,
If you want to prosper and become wealthy,
If you take drugs (does this include prescriptions?).

Boy, America is in bad shape huh?

Catholics start walking to church and give me your cars, money, and drugs.

.....loll for me this will be a loooooong string of new sins haha
(- excluding the drugs of course!)

HSC
dandoone said:
come to think of it,, they just defined America!
If you drive a car you are polluting,
If you want to prosper and become wealthy,
If you take drugs (does this include prescriptions?).

Boy, America is in bad shape huh?
I'm pretty sure most countries have multitudes of people who drive cars, desire wealth and take drugs, not just America.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Iron said:
I think that they admit that homosexuality is not a choice, but the afflicted should remain celibrate.

Im all for the updates. He said some good stuff about hedonism and consumerism corrupting all of society, including Christians. For the vast majority of people/proles, the Church can be the only institution where they learn proper morality. Making do without God is to everybody's detriment.
Your sarcasm is very faint. Audible, but faint!

HSC
Polluting, genetic engineering, obscene riches, taking drugs, abortion, pedophilia and causing social injustice join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century: pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and sloth.
Interesting they haven't made 'hypocrisy' a sin yet.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, the 7 were popularised by Dante's Inferno: A jolly romp through satan's lair.

And whoever was laughing at the church about condensing the NT to
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind, and love all of mankind as you would love yourself", I can only laugh too. At you. And your friends. And your ignorance.

Hay Steph!

Nat3skiz

HSC
Iron said:
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind, and love all of mankind as you would love yourself"

I find it insanely hard to love those of mankind who slowly saw off peoples heads in the name of their religion. And i find it hard to love someone with all my soul and mind and heart(a muscle actually, unless of course you mean the abstract concept)that i do not have proof even exists.

Nevertheless, if they want to update it, why not, if we want to ignore it, why not.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Ashmobs said:
CAUSING SOCIAL INJUSTICE?

AWESOME, AS A WHITE ANGLO SAXON PROFESSIONAL I DO THAT WITH PRETTY MUCH EVERY ACTION I UNDERTAKE

woo
Totally. I heart first world guilt.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
i just think the whole thing is a nice response to anyone who says there can't be absolute moral authority without god
The Bishop of Rome claims to be in direct succession from St Paul and therefore both supreme interpreter of the sacred texts and God's representative on earth.
The additions are God's will.

Jess007

HSC
i love the se7en movie omgsh so good.. and i know obscene riches dream on fellas. seriously, the church as a whole are the richest 'community' in the world!!! apart from bill gates lol

X

xeuyrawp

obscene riches
That's seriously the best part.

The Catholic Church must be the wealthiest entity in the world, and does nothing with it other than investing it in future profit by conversion. Give me Bill Gates and his crumby charities over religion any day. =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)