List of sins updated (1 Viewer)

Jess007

HSC
can we go 50/50 ?

PwarYuex said:
That's seriously the best part.

The Catholic Church must be the wealthiest entity in the world, and does nothing with it other than investing it in future profit by conversion. Give me Bill Gates and his crumby charities over religion any day. =/

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Iron said:
The Bishop of Rome claims to be in direct succession from St Paul and therefore both supreme interpreter of the sacred texts and God's representative on earth.
The additions are God's will.
in ancient palestine we had to cut our foreskins off
now we're not allowed to partake in genetic engineering

could anything be more blatantly man-made? :D

SpoonSamba

HSC
i love that murder wasn't one of the original deadly sins and still isn't like wtf, wouldnt that be the first one?

Cheap Thrills

HSC
does anyone else find it ironic that the fucking VATICAN says "obsene riches" and "social injustice" are deadly sins??? :confused:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
At this point it would be wise to separate the political bureaucracy which is the Vatican from the Christian religion, they are more or less separate things.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
bshoc said:
At this point it would be wise to separate the political bureaucracy which is the Vatican from the Christian religion, they are more or less separate things.
The actual set of beliefs wholly depends on the apparatus which perpetuates it. The existence of a sophisticated system of indoctrination, from the Vatican to community churches, differentiates Christianity from any other arbitrary set of beliefs held by an individual. The Vatican, including its political bureaucracy is therefore inextricably linked to the religion itself; its existence is the inevitable consequence of religious belief (which implies that the belief itself is incompatible with its own existence) and/or it's the apex of the system which perpetuates the religious belief.

BradCube

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
The whole "updating" as a concept absolutely frightens me?

This to me appears as though they're admitting that the Bible has lost relevance with modern society.

It also says to me that instead of Christians understanding what is already in the bible to figure out that polluting the earth or what not is destroying God's creations, the fact they need to vocalise and articulate it tells me they are making it all up as they go along!

What an absolute idiocy as to add "taking drugs" alongside with "greed".

Go and twist the religion to suit yourself why don't you.
You pretty much summed up my whole thoughts on the issue here. It seems beyond all sensibilities to indicate that there are sins worse than others and that these change over time. I guess the Catholic church doesn't believe in the absolute authority of the bible - and with that in mind why believe anything from it? Creating your own religion by shaping and changing another one is as good as having no belief at all in my mind.

HSC
I guess the Catholic church doesn't believe in the absolute authority of the bible
Why would they? They know that the 'bible' is merely the stories which were chosen as cannon by a bunch of theocrats. Believing that these people were 'divinely inspired' to pick the right stories is about as logical as believing whatever the vatican says is divinely inspired.

BradCube

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Why would they? They know that the 'bible' is merely the stories which were chosen as cannon by a bunch of theocrats. Believing that these people were 'divinely inspired' to pick the right stories is about as logical as believing whatever the vatican says is divinely inspired.
This question belongs in the "Does God Exist?" thread, where I would be happy to discuss it with you.

My point here was only to question why they hold that anything from the bible is true if they don't believe it is all true.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
They should add "creating unsubstantiated supernatural beings and making commands for self gain based on the supposed will of the supernatural entity"
Because every religion was founded several thousand years ago in a huge, worldwide conspiracy to maintain power and riches for a small minority - in this case the Pope and Cardinals etc - whilst simultaneously bending the minds of the masses with the notion of God in order to enforce the will of the aforementioned religious authorities, right?

Douche.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Polluting, genetic engineering, obscene riches, taking drugs, abortion, pedophilia and causing social injustice join the original seven deadly sins defined by Pope Gregory the Great in the sixth century: pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, wrath and sloth.
Get the fuck out

jessyy

HSC
why the hell would the twat put abortion on there?
untill abortion is legalized everywhere there will never be true equality among men and women. why take the basic right to choice away and write it down as a sin ffs.

all religion has prooved is that ignorance is bliss.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ Because it's okay to insert a vacuum with a blade into a woman's womb, suck up an unborn baby, grind it and then leave its bloodied remains hanging from a dustbin outside the hospital, just because a woman didn't know what a condom was, right?

jessyy

HSC
only ignorant people do not realise that contraception isnt 100% effective.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
^ And so as the result of a very small chance that conctraception didn't work it gives a woman the right to kill a child due to inconvenience?

jessyy

HSC
do you realise that abortions are also performed for health reasons? and medically, miscarriages are known as spontaneous abortions?
i agree that the procedure is terrible, but i know id prefer to go through with an abortion as opposed to my child starving as i cannot support it. best advice i have for you, if you dont agree with it, dont have one. its as simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)