Listening and Viewing Task (1 Viewer)

HSC
During an English lesson this week I have to do a "Listening and Viewing Task."

I know that it'll involve watching a film segment, which will be related to journeys, and then answering questions. (We've been given a list of the questions which will be asked.)

I have done assessment tasks like this before, but... didn't do well in them. :eek:

Does anyone have any ideas and hints which could help get better marks?

star*eyed

HSC
You've been given the questions!!! LUCKY!! when we did that, we didnt know the questions till the day!
Without knowing the questions, i dont really know if the following will help....

Brainstorm as many ideas about the journey as you can....i.e its the destination that counts not the journey, so that you can easily think of concepts during the test.

Study your prescribed text and have quotes, cause im guessing you will have to link that with watever text you are shown.

Go through film/television techniques, which im sure are listed on BOS somewhere. So that you can say stuff like the lighting means this, and camera angles mean this.

And while watching the text write everything down such as quotes and stuff, even if it doesnt seem important, cause if you have extra time you can always bullshit, cause if you have a reason for what you say and give examples they cant really say no thats wrong, cause its your interpretation.

hope this help

HSC
You already have the question! You're lucky.

Make sure you only answer the question and dont talk about anything you dont need to.

Also if the question is about techniques, and is worth 2 marks, you need two techniques, and try to describe them, just in case. This is the same with all questions [which im pretty sure you already know]

Other than that, practice, alot!!!!!! It sounds obvious, but it really helps. You could also ask one of your teachers about the questions, and what you should mention for each question.

And exactly what star*eyed said.

Good Luck with it :)

star*eyed

HSC
Just for interests sakes how did u go in this assessment.
Hope u did well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)