little miss sunshine as a journeys text (1 Viewer)

stacey992

HSC
hey guys im using this movie as one of my texts it has some really good aspects of the journey in it, i was just wondering however.. when talking about this journey.. its my related text.. should a give a plot summary when i havent for my other two texts ( in a a speech) just so ppl kno wat im talking about coz they all kno the other texts im doing.. arggh i dunno its difficult shoudl i talk about film techniques?? mmm does any one kno this text and could helop me out a little ??/ thanx guys peace x:wave:

fioni

HSC
we were told just to give a brief 2 or 3 line quick summary so that the responder wouldn't be lost and that we would avoid retelling (which apparently is a big no no, that point was reiterated many times). Film techniques should definetly be mentioned, but it depends on your question which ones you should mention and draw attention to. We were also told to pick two or three crucial scenes in the movie as it would be easy to analyse and use, rather than trying to do so for an 90 minute movie. Here are some notes we received on using film for related material.
* choose two, or three crucial scenes.
1. State what the physical journey is, and its function in the film
2. Locate crucial scene!
- how is the journey shot ? (camera angles, distances)
-what prevailing mise-en-scne is used (how is the shot composed?)
- Is the colour used in symbolic ways?
-Is the use of diagetic, non diagetic music significant?
- How is the viewer placed to acess the journey?
Relate this scene specifically to topic and question
3.Crucial scene 2.
-same analysis, but what links the scene?
-recurring motifs
-what film metonmically suggests (metaphorically)
-does this second scene continue or develop ideas begun from the first
Again link scene to topic and question
-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)