Lives not saved (1 Viewer)

pete_mate

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I know that is what everyone says but I am actually a pretty good driver. The only people I really trust to drive are myself and my dad. Everyone else I tend to watch what they are doing and make sure they don't screw up.

I don't speed crazily and change lanes all over the place like some people do. Those people can never be safe drivers. I just speed when it is safe and break rules that are stupid anyway.
yeah, everyone's a crap driver except you, you and every other person is thinking that.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
pete_mate said:
yeah, everyone's a crap driver except you, you and every other person is thinking that.
Almost everyone else is also stupider than me so it doesn't matter what they think.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
William_Lawry said:
and ill do it again and again until the message gets through. Unfortunately its the same case for everyone, it only takes one person to get a group of people a bad name...

i dont think i even put p platers into the category of OMFG P PLATER DEATHS YOUNG DRIVERS.

ok heres a story! driving to a job lights and sirens, two lane divided road! how come every car sitting in lane 2 was a p plater who wouldnt move over when they could have, (or in fact shouldnt have even been in lane.) and all other cars were in lane 1!! can you example that? is it no knowledge of road rules or ignorance
Probably because they are inexperienced and had no idea what was going on. The first time something like that ever happened to me, took me about 5 sec to realise everyone was moving out of number 2 lane and that there was a van with flashing lights coming up from behind.

The fact is that P platers are inexperienced, and inexperienced people crash. There is no way around it, the less experienced drivers are always going to be over represented in crashes[fatalities especially]. If at 17 you still do anything your friends tell you to [dangerous or not] then you have more problems then just your driving. Nobody thinks you are a big man for speeding and doing burnouts and driving like a dickhead. All you are doing is making us safe speeders look bad.

85th percentile my friends, its safer to speed a little bit[not dangerous wreckless speeds like 30km+] than to go the randomly selected speed limit, but if you are going to do it, make sure you do it safely. Also dont accelerate really fast, you just make me in my 6 cylinder look bad.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
more alws.

more laws.

more john laws!

jimmayyy

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I'm glad people you know are dying because of the disgusting quote in your signature.

I hope this trend continues until you are the final one to succumb.
why dont you thank the thousands of aussies who gave their life holding off the japs in the pacific so today you have the freedom to even express such a shit opinion? faggot.

jimmayyy

HSC
huh?

i know they are still breaking the law, i was just pointing out this doesnt have anything to do with the new p plate laws that just came in, thats all.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
jimmayyy said:
huh?

i know they are still breaking the law, i was just pointing out this doesnt have anything to do with the new p plate laws that just came in, thats all.
shut up dickhead! no one cares about your point that you've tried to get across

nekobutterfly

HSC
wow.....rather than talking about the topic we have just turned on each other.

More rules and regulations are not going to help....if they did then they would have already helped...once upon a time we didn't even have to to 50 hours on L's let alone 120 hours.

Yer it is a good point about car pooling ,
1. It is not that safe to catch a bus or a train home
2. Taxis cost $60 for even a 20 minute trip sometimes, forget about a trip from going from the city to the outerwest.
3. One of the reasons why people get their license is so that they are no longer a burden on their families or older siblings, it is probably not safe for them to be picking you up in the early hours of the morning anyway.

It is the attitude of the driver which needs to be changing, i know that i won't be doing anything stupid on the road because my grade went to a drivers Ed where we saw real footage of people celebrating a girls 18th and then seeing live footage of her crash on the same night, why did she crash? because her boyfriend who was driving was encouraged to 'skull' down as many beers as possible.

We also saw a man who was in a car crash like 15 years ago, he now has limited use of his right arm , talks slowly, has no job and is unable to have a steady relationship because he is unable to support a family and this guy tried really hard. The crash did not effect his intellect but simply the nerves between his brain, mouth and right arm.

People who are getting their license should do some form of community service where they look after people who are now disabled due to car crashes, or they at least should see real footage.

jimmayyy

HSC
nekobutterfly said:
wow.....rather than talking about the topic we have just turned on each other.

More rules and regulations are not going to help....if they did then they would have already helped...once upon a time we didn't even have to to 50 hours on L's let alone 120 hours.

Yer it is a good point about car pooling ,
1. It is not that safe to catch a bus or a train home
2. Taxis cost $60 for even a 20 minute trip sometimes, forget about a trip from going from the city to the outerwest.
3. One of the reasons why people get their license is so that they are no longer a burden on their families or older siblings, it is probably not safe for them to be picking you up in the early hours of the morning anyway.

It is the attitude of the driver which needs to be changing, i know that i won't be doing anything stupid on the road because my grade went to a drivers Ed where we saw real footage of people celebrating a girls 18th and then seeing live footage of her crash on the same night, why did she crash? because her boyfriend who was driving was encouraged to 'skull' down as many beers as possible.

We also saw a man who was in a car crash like 15 years ago, he now has limited use of his right arm , talks slowly, has no job and is unable to have a steady relationship because he is unable to support a family and this guy tried really hard. The crash did not effect his intellect but simply the nerves between his brain, mouth and right arm.

People who are getting their license should do some form of community service where they look after people who are now disabled due to car crashes, or they at least should see real footage.
exactly - attack the attitude that is responsible for this horrific trend, not the entire young driving population.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)