Living in Sydney (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
If students do not want to live on campus for usyd, where do they live? Which areas of the city would they have appartments in?
If there is a site / thread with this information direct me to it, I can't find anything worthwhile
Thank you!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Glebe and Newtown are the most popular, cos they're the closest. Redfern is ok, not as "trendy" as Glebe and Newtown. Annandale is popular too, its a 20 min walk to campus (or get a bus on Paramatta rd).

company_sin

HSC
I live in Enmore which, alongside Newtown, is excellent for students.

If you find a decent place to stay, you'll be in the thick of wacky student life (if that's your thing), you'll be close to campus (it takes me fifteen minutes by foot), and you instantly win 'trendy' points!

For accommodation, try the usyd database or any of the countless websites dedicated to Sydney real estate.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
close to city can attract ridiculous rent at times though... up on browsing accomodating for a bit few weeks ago (when parents threaten to kick me out), i noticed several good sharing accomodations at inner west... close to public transportation too...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
All of the areas in the inner-inner-west are fairly nice areas, so long as you're not against trendy urban settings and whatever. Marrickville council areas, once thought to be a hellhole are all fairly nice places nowadays. In fact, everywhere around USyd is pretty nice, except Redfern/Waterloo (and they're not murderous hellholes, they're just not...pleasant to walk through). There's very little difference between living in say, Newtown compared to living in, say, Lewisham, except for student populations. The further in you get, the more students you'll find.

aussiechica7

HSC
check the other living in sydney forum and take the same advice i posted there but with u sydney's address not unsw's. also check sydney city, not inner east.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)