Living in SydUni (1 Viewer)

powerhouse

HSC
I got the undergraduate course listing for the Univerity of Sydney and I there are the options for living I like:

· St Andrew's
· St John's
· Sancta Sophia
· Wesley
· Darlington House
· Sydney University Village
· University Terraces

I want to enjoy myself as much as I can at Uni, so I'll be looking for the place with the best social life, anybody got suggestions?

powerhouse

HSC
I wasn't quite sure what it was. I guess I wrongly assumed it'd be for international students.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you want a place with a "good" social life (by that I take it you mean parties and shit) then you will want one of the colleges (unless you are a post grad Sancta Sophia is out, since they only accept female undergrads).

As to which one is the best it is highly subjective. There have been a few posts about it before.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah i heard that too. Apparantly the village is hideously overpriced and the food you can buy with your food card is crap. If you were going to live in Village style accomodation, it would be cheaper to share a house with other students in glebe or newtown.

jokay22

HSC
N/A
Sayma, mind to post some links on this subject here?
Thx in advance..

Sanchez__

HSC
I've stayed at Wesley for a semester and loved its so ill just outline your options from my experience.

Since you want to enjoy yourself college is the only way to go as SUV at least has basically no social life, terraces and Darlington are probably somewhat similar though i dont know.

Since your a guy your options are Wesley, St andrews, St Pauls and St Johns (sancta and womens are obviously out cus ur a guy).

Im sure Pauls my have some hot guys but since it only has guys and being a guy yourself... unless your from rich sydney private school and know lots of people going there it wouldnt be my first choice.

Wesley, Drews and Johns are all coed, going to Wesley id say its the best but Andrews and Wesley are fairly similar culturally so there isnt really that much difference. Any of the colleges will have plenty of social stuff going on so should be right at whatever you just have to get into one.

You have to apply and go for an interview, factors they take into consideration on who is let in are whether family has gone there, sporting ability, academic ability, cultural stuff like music etc. If you dont have any of these just try to impress in the interview :). Id just apply around. Since college basically everything like food it probably doesnt cost all that much more than SUV and is just way better.

Also i wouldnt worry about the religious affiliation of the colleges it doesnt really make any difference.

margaret_gn

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
Is Wesley the college with the brick and black gown thing? It was funny seeing people carrying bricks and wearing black gowns. They seem cool.
no that was st andrew's... my accounting tutor stayed there and he kept telling us funny stories about st andrew's and they're 'traditions' :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
All of them contain meals in the cost (they are fully catered) and I think utilities as well.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
FUCK, FUCK, FUCK >____<
I HATE DREWS.

We had some cockhead come to our school today to leash in all the 3-133t.

One girl asked if she could stay there.
He said yes.
He asked what course she was thinking of doing.
She said B of Eco.Soc.Sci.
He said no.
He shut her down infront of 100 people.

I'm going to Weasley now...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Blegh, couldn't give a shit about him after he did that to her...Dr. Something, I doubt whether he was a medical doctor...

jokay22

HSC
N/A
Any advise on the University Village? I'm thinking of applying..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)