Living in the gutter (1 Viewer)

mememe

Has anyone else not found anywhere to live while at uni next year? I live a billion miles from ANY university, i have't been accepted to any accommodation places yet cos i applied pretty late, and i don't know if i can afford to find an apartment and start from scratch.

Anyone??? :confused:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Find flat-share-mates on BOS :p

Wow, a great new service!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
there are always signs up on the uni noticeboards for people looking for flatmates, and depending where u live it can be pretty cheap. Besides, living on campus is pretty expensive, i dont know how u can afford to do that but cant afford to live in a flat.? i'm confused.

mememe

Originally posted by Mambomeg
there are always signs up on the uni noticeboards for people looking for flatmates, and depending where u live it can be pretty cheap. Besides, living on campus is pretty expensive, i dont know how u can afford to do that but cant afford to live in a flat.? i'm confused.
I dunno really, i just presumed renting your own place would cost heaps, especially in sydney. I have nothing to back that up. I guess maybe cos on campus all your furniture, appliances etc etc is set up for you, whereas renting you have to buy it all yourself?

Maybe i would be better off looking for off-campus accom.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
cheap suburb? where is one in sydney, where you don't get drive by shootings :D

I can't wait to get out of suburbia.
LOL, theres a whole 3 of them ;)

But if you what a cheap house, you're gonna have to settle back into suburbia. But because Sydney Uni is in Redfern, you only need to jump on a train for 20 minutes ;)

You'd be better off finding shared accomodation in the inner-city, I'd say.

kazerati

i looked into it, coz i was gonna go to UNSW before i bombed out.. living in a basic flat, in sydney, will cost anywhere from $170/wk [2bed, very basic] upwards.. depending on how much u wanna spend, or how fancy u wanna go.
keep in mind that living on campus will cost about $270 a week, single, and usually they want most of it upfront.. which will make it a whole lot more expensive than fitting out an unfurnished unit.
also to remember, you dont really need to have the fanciest most well put together place around, all coordinated n stuff. i mean, its nice if ya can, but if ur worried about spending too much, then second hand places and discount shops are the way to go. if ya look around, u can find some really nice stuff, thats not too expensive.

i hope this helps!

p.s - if anyone knows anyone who needs a female flatmate in the Logan [south Brisbane] area next year, let me know!!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Milk crates, whilst illegal to steal, are pretty useful and chances are you won't be caught :p

Dingo

Banned
if your a girl, i can offer you to live at my house for free, if you have sex with me every night.

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)