Living Out of Home: Our Stories (1 Viewer)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
#sydneystorm update:

didn't sleep last night because my window was rattling so much and even a piece of cardboard wedged in didn't help :(

woke up to the bathroom having flooded, with water coming up from the drainage hold in the middle of the floor. lounge room dripping. made a towel fort to stop it getting worse and bailed to work.

got a message an hour to say my housemate's room had so many leaks it was like a shower. :( :( :(

bonus news: our real estate agent quit last week and they haven't allocated a new person to look after our place yet so basically, we're screwed.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
got up early to do a load of washing so all my sheets could dry in the sun during the day.

get home to realise the cat spent most of the day sitting on them.

currently sneezing.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
wow, all of this was ages ago.

Updates: one of the girls living here last year turned out to have a bit of a dependency on alcohol and stole several of our bottles. She has since moved overseas. New housemate went to hs with me and we're all gr8 m8s and everything is wonderful.

had our first house inspection ever last week (even though I've lived here almost 2 years now??), and I'm a total boss at cooking, but living with massive foodies for housemates also pays off.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
damn, what suburb is this and how much is the rent?
It's in the Forest Lodge/Glebe area. I don't talk about my individual rent, but the whole place (4 bedrooms with 2 of them having this view) is about $900/week.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
In new sharehouse stories, I was eating breakfast yesterday morning, and mildly annoyed someone was in the bathroom because I needed to get to work and usually everyone has left by the time I'm ready to brush my teeth and bail. Eventually a random dude comes out and we do the 'Hi'/'Hey' routine until he leaves and comes back again and is all 'IM SORRY IM NOT WEARING PANTS. I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE HERE'.

Hadn't even noticed til then haha

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
my housemate (who owned the house) had two cats who lived inside. She would rarely clean the litter and the whole house stank. Also would put the cat poo into the kitchen bin and never clean the litter off the floor let alone mop where poo/litter had been. She would get angry about the house being dirty though out of the three of us did the least cleaning. She hadn't even used the vaccuum cleaner until 4 months after I started living there. Also would make noise late at night on weeknights and act like it was unreasonable for me to want to get to sleep before midnight (especially when her or my other housemate would wake me up at 6 every morning).

Ive moved out and havent found a new place yet, but next place I'm not going to live somewhere with cats and probably try and avoid living with women if possible. Which is not to say all or even most women are bad to live with but all my bad experiences so far have been with women

Ethicks

HSC
I've got a heap.. where do I begin...

When I was in Newcastle I was sharing with 5 people and naturally the owner wanted to maximise rent so would reserve one room as a 'couple' room so that 5 people soon became 7 with 2 bathrooms (1 up stairs and 1 downstairs). In one room there was a Chinese couple who were essentially fresh off the boat, the woman would cook at least 3-4 times a day at weird times like 2pm, 3pm, 4pm etc and being Chinese they never cleaned up after themselves. At night time you could hear them having sex because lucky me was in the room below them so all you could hear was the bed going and her making erotic noises. After a few months they moved out and a Korean couple moved it.. the guy looked about 40 whilst she looked about 25, she would leave at early hours of the morning/night wearing hardly anything but a little td;rl she was a prostitute. In between all this the kitchen and bathroom was filthy I would clean it but the next day it was a mess again there were several rice cookers on the bench top with rice on the floor and in the sink.

After a year I left Newcastle and moved to Sydney into another share house which had more Asians and more mess. Some of them were obsessed with freezing everything from cereal to glass beer bottles (What happens when you freeze a FULL glass bottle?) From my experience Chinese people are VERY dirty and I would personally never share with any again. Now I live with some friends I used to work with in my town, after two years of HELL I've found a home away from home. There is the chance I will have to move into another share house mid next year but from my past experiences I might just have to spend my last semester of uni on campus i'm not putting up with that again.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I've got a heap.. where do I begin...

When I was in Newcastle I was sharing with 5 people and naturally the owner wanted to maximise rent so would reserve one room as a 'couple' room so that 5 people soon became 7 with 2 bathrooms (1 up stairs and 1 downstairs). In one room there was a Chinese couple who were essentially fresh off the boat, the woman would cook at least 3-4 times a day at weird times like 2pm, 3pm, 4pm etc and being Chinese they never cleaned up after themselves. At night time you could hear them having sex because lucky me was in the room below them so all you could hear was the bed going and her making erotic noises. After a few months they moved out and a Korean couple moved it.. the guy looked about 40 whilst she looked about 25, she would leave at early hours of the morning/night wearing hardly anything but a little td;rl she was a prostitute. In between all this the kitchen and bathroom was filthy I would clean it but the next day it was a mess again there were several rice cookers on the bench top with rice on the floor and in the sink.

After a year I left Newcastle and moved to Sydney into another share house which had more Asians and more mess. Some of them were obsessed with freezing everything from cereal to glass beer bottles (What happens when you freeze a FULL glass bottle?) From my experience Chinese people are VERY dirty and I would personally never share with any again. Now I live with some friends I used to work with in my town, after two years of HELL I've found a home away from home. There is the chance I will have to move into another share house mid next year but from my past experiences I might just have to spend my last semester of uni on campus i'm not putting up with that again.
u must had shit luck with chinese normally they clean their shit asap - not sure on guys tho

Flop21

HSC
Heaps and heaps of fking mess. It's actually disgusting. I get what you're feeling ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)