Living too far from Uni (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
was reading the replies and thought for a second i was in the general uni forum... non-uws'ers posting about their travelling hah. anyways.

my friend drives me in the mornings which takes 15-20min to penrith campus. then when i can't get picked up by someone @ home which is usually, i catch bus/train/bus home which takes 1hr 15min. public transport is a bitch >.< (but yeh you ppl who travel 2-3hrs got it worse..)

klh

HSC
how can you study on the train? i tried to do it when going to penrith and the trains are so bumpy my writing keeps going off the page. i can do readings but meh...
also what sucks is that it can take me half and hour to 45 min to get to parra but i usually takes me about 1h and 15 mins because the trains are late.
this is something felt by many students who do go to uni so it sucks everywhere except people who live near or on campus.
also how can you sleep on the train? the back isnt high enough and their inst enough leg room!!!! the beat trains to sleep on though are the intercity ones as their big and comfy.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
how can you study on the train? i tried to do it when going to penrith and the trains are so bumpy my writing keeps going off the page. i can do readings but meh...
also what sucks is that it can take me half and hour to 45 min to get to parra but i usually takes me about 1h and 15 mins because the trains are late.
this is something felt by many students who do go to uni so it sucks everywhere except people who live near or on campus.
also how can you sleep on the train? the back isnt high enough and their inst enough leg room!!!! the beat trains to sleep on though are the intercity ones as their big and comfy.
Study - I force myself to do work ... cause I know by the time I get home I'm too damn tired to do anything. I have my books on the seat and so I write on the seat.

Sleep against the windows. Maybe I'm guessing by saying the richmond line isn't as bumpy as the penrith line :p

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
ive totally given up trying to study on the train... i just close my eyes and listen to my discman and relax so then when i get home i wont be so tempted to fall asleep. Today tho, i was so tired that i woke up juz in time to run out of the train... i had to force the doors to open hehehe oopz. i checked out that scholarship juz today, but said the last day for application was 31st march... thanks anyways :)

Travelling isnt so bad..... it has its downside [i.e. spending $50 +/- weekly juz on transport] but hey, gotta do wot i gotta do. At beginning it was juz hard and i was annoyed at having to travel, but now im finding shortcuts n quicker ways [i.e. expresser trains] to get to uni, i even rock up early to some lectures soemtimes hehehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)