llb with "honours" (1 Viewer)

sugared plum

HSC
i remember reading something about this but have forgotten where/what it said.

*how do you get " LLB (Honours) " ? ie another year, or some kind of grade average? if so what?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm pretty sure u have to have heaps high marks, like be in the top 10% of ur year, then u do a research project ON TOP of everything else, in ur last year.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sugared plum said:
i remember reading something about this but have forgotten where/what it said.

*how do you get " LLB (Honours) " ? ie another year, or some kind of grade average? if so what?
refer to bearpooh's thread in UNSW: law forum.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
well at uts, u get an honors with your llb which is good because you dont have to spend the extra year doing it
dear, no law undergrad degree to my knowledge asks honours students to stay an extra year :)

X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
dear, no law undergrad degree to my knowledge asks honours students to stay an extra year :)
I'm sure he was just playing it safe by not assuming to know what happens at other unis.

Not relevant, really to law, but: There are 3 types of honours

-Do an extra year, either a Thesis, or thesis+coursework, (Humanities)
-Do well in the normal units and just get accredited it, (Science, math, law)
-Do well in the normal units, but then take up one or two special units, but not taking longer to do the degree. (some humanities, some sciences, but generally less common than the other two types)

X

xeuyrawp

Jonathan A said:
University of New England does.
they have to be different in the country, don't they. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, UNE is very research/external study based, so an extra Thesis year wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

santaslayer said:
UNE can go kiss...something. :p
I got pre-accepted into UNE's law course.
I got rung up by the dean of law, which shows you how tight a little community UNE is, and asked whether I'd be joining the uni. She told me about how they're building a new mooting court, how the life would be better for me, that UNE had Japanese and ancient history, and addressed the issue that their prestige wasn't as big, but because I wanted to be called to the bar, it would be irrelevant. Very nice and honest lady, I felt bad that I turned her offer down, but she was nice about it and wished me luck in the future etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)