Loading your Visa Prepaid (Student Card) with BPAY (1 Viewer)

melanieeee.

HSC
Hi Guys

So I have a bit of a problem (and don't laugh at me as I have never used internet banking before). Anyways so I usually top up my ANZ Visa with money every now and then at uni (to fund my online gaming addiction lol) but since the their system crashed or watcha-ma-call-it I haven't been able to load my card. So I thought I'd try internet banking for the first time - BPAY. I got the BPAY details from the ANZ Prepaid online website and entered it into the BPAY section of my bank's internet banking. I did this around 10pm last night and my Prepaid Card still hasn't loaded but my bank account was deducted $50.

How long does BPAY usually take? Did I just get screwed out of $50?

Cheers

diet cola

HSC
N/A
might have something to do with the long weekend. i know NAB won't be processing any payments/transfers until tuesday if you did it after thursday.

izzy88

HSC
Probably something to do with the public holiday.

Also if you were transferring between banks it normally takes 2-3 days for the money to appear in the other account anyway (eg. Commonwealth Bank to ANZ).

allira92

HSC
Because it's essentially like paying a bill it takes at least two full business days to appear on the card.

zxreth

HSC
even if it doesn't show up, you should've got a receipt or reference number which you can use later are your proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)