Logging into myunsw?? (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
This is really weird...
I wanted to log into the myunsw website to print out my timetable..
When I tried to log in there was an error that prevented me from logging in...
The kind of error where I've got my ID or password wrong...
But I know I didn't do anything wrong!
Now I can't log into my account...
Has this happen with anyone else, or am I the only one here???
All I've done is send an email off to systems or whatever its called...
Is there anything else I can do???
I'M STRESSING!!!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Perhaps your password has changed. When you go get your student ID card they will also give you a receipt with a new unipass.

Your old one becomes obsolete and the new one replaces it.

You can then proceed into changing that password they gave you to whatever you want again.

At first I thought this online enrolment thing was great, now I wish everything was done in person to avoid so many stupid errors.

asdf

HSC
I had the exact same error. I went to Disconect helpdesk and they issued me with a new PAss.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
At first I thought this online enrolment thing was great, now I wish everything was done in person to avoid so many stupid errors.
I really have to disagree there. 8 out of 10 times there are errors because people generally don't read the instructions that are there beforehand. I can't keep count of the number of people I've met trying to log into the FCE TAS without agreeing to the rules, even when its written to do it first in bold text right on top of the login. Then people saying TAS won't let them save their preference, when TAS printed out that they need at least 3 good preferences.

Keep in mind that this is the first year of online enrollment for new students. Online re-enrollment is much simpler and trouble free.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
First error that came up was heaps of people not being able to log in due to password error, which in fact turned out to be a server problem.

They didn't notify us of this, not our fault, and they caused a lot of stress for that time being.

After issuing the student card they didn't directly tell you that they will automatically change the password to something else when you get ur student card.

When you want to change the password in the student card I couldn't find anywhere on the site where I had to accept agreements.....

I'm not complaining that much, but thinking of all the computer illerate people who don't even know how to open up a web page and how much trouble they would have because enrolment was forced to be done online only is pretty hard.

You are a computer literate person who knows how to use it well so naturally its easy. Try getting your grandma to do the enrolment entirely for you, she probably won't have much of a clue (not talk to you directly) :p

Last edited:

asdf

HSC
Yeh it was a server problem...atleast thats what disconnect told me. I never had my password changed (they never mentioned password) when i got my ID card. Also, they never told us about agreeing to any rules or anything (i found that in a pamphlet @ Disconect).

sunny

meh.
HSC
First error that came up was heaps of people not being able to log in due to password error, which in fact turned out to be a server problem.
I heard about the error for students, and I'll admit its probably one of the biggest flaws they've had.

After issuing the student card they didn't directly tell you that they will automatically change the password to something else when you get ur student card.
It should have been on the receipt they gave you. Unless the format of the receipt has changed, the receipt tells you what your unipass is, along with a url of where you can change it. You might have also picked up the pamphlet mentioned titled "The new student's guide to Getting Online at UNSW", which has details about agreeing to the rules first, and its at Disconnect's getting started as well: http://www.disconnect.unsw.edu.au/student/getstart/getstartz.htm

Unfortunately this is the way you'll find uni works - there'll hardly ever be cases that people tell you what you need to do, unless you ask. I guess they got sick of the excuse "no one told me" ;)

It does suck in a way at first when no one gives you details, but after a while everything works out :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well the receipt they gave us told us our "Universal Pass" and "Universal PIN".

Initally I thought it was for something else because I though Unipass was short for university pass, whereas I fund it its Universal.... So that's why initlaly I didn't think to use that password in place of my old temporary myunsw pass that I made.

Sure I could of tried it anyway, but I needed to ask first because I was on my last strike before they lock me out due to incorrect pass :p

On the receipt it also gave us the site to change the pass, but no where on it (that I could find), it showed that you needed to accept agreements and they didn't give me any pamphlets :(

But I do agree, online is MUCH better on the long run.

By the way, what is the UniPIN for?

sunny

meh.
HSC
The PIN is the normal Personal Identification Number, like the PIN for your bank card.

I've never used it - it was mainly for the VoiceMark system, which got supersceded by email, so each year VoiceMark got used less and less, and is now decommissoned.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Perhaps your password has changed. When you go get your student ID card they will also give you a receipt with a new unipass.
Ahhh shit... I've lost that receipt for sure :(
Originally posted by asdf
I had the exact same error. I went to Disconect helpdesk and they issued me with a new PAss.
Where abouts can I find the helpdesk?
I need a new Pass :(

asdf

HSC
lol im not sure where abouts. I got lost finding my way to there but its somewhere near the library...

edit: dont ask me were the library is, just keep walking till u find it (that advise served me well @ UNSW) :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
Disconnect is under the library. If you remember the Scientia where the info days were, and keep walking up, you'll walk through automatic glass doors, you'll be under the library then, and Disconnect will be on your left.

D

d00d

ragerunner i had the exact same problem... i picked up my student id card and went home to change my timetable and it didn't work.

and ur right, this system totally sux. its taken me a whole week to enrol. i've come across so many errors too that we should've been warned beforehand.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It's not really a bad system, just they haven't managed to notify us more of important things.

If they allowed a dual system of online or in person it would of been much MUCH better...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Actually....they kinda did! hehe

At the advisory days each faculty had there own little way of giving enrollment support. I think in most school's they did it for you at the Scientia. CSE did it in their own labs.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah for Commerce, after the advising sessions, you could go down to the Goodsell labs where people were there to help you enrol

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Well that's another failure to notify us to such things!

I thought that if you go up to the uni they will help you enrol online rather than do it for you...

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Umm... Can't I call the DISconnected Helpdesk?
I remember seeing a number at the myunsw website b4 for it...

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
Umm... Can't I call the DISconnected Helpdesk?
I remember seeing a number at the myunsw website b4 for it...
For security reasons, they will not issue unipasses over phone, email, fax, or anything else other than in person with your student ID.

I thought that if you go up to the uni they will help you enrol online rather than do it for you...
Not quite sure what you mean there....but you can do both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)