Long breaks (1 Viewer)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
wyho said:
i have a 4 hour break on thursday. i purposely made it lectures before tutorials for all of the subjects and i could of avoided the 4 hour break if i didnt do that since i made my timetable on the 2nd day after the offer released
From what times do u have a 4 hour break on thursday? Some of my tutorials are inbetween lectures but I spaced it out like that just so that I could have mondays free and finish up before 5pm.:)

wyho

HSC
N/A
from 12 till 4 i have the break. hope i won't fall asleep!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I have 4 hour breaks on Tuesday and Thursday, I probably just wont turn up for my lectures thus eliminating my break. If I turn up I usually just bump into someone also having a break though.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i have uni 5 days a week (as much as i tried to find a solution it was impossible to get a day off) and everything is spread quite evenly - i think.

i wanted to avoid having any late classes so the latest i finish is 5pm, and my breaks during the week are all either 1 hour long or 2 hours long.

can anyone say whether it would be possilbe to maintain a job with so little time to spare after uni? if anything i would only be able to work on weekends but where would that leave my time for revision/studying? i'm really keen on earning some money but i don't want it to have too much of a negative impact on my studies.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
wyho said:
from 12 till 4 i have the break. hope i won't fall asleep!
My break is from 12 till 3pm. I live in hurstville as well and I'm not looking forward to the daily commute from here to UNSW (yellow travelpasses, here i come....)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
with my timetable... there are some classes that are straight aftr another class... does it take long to travel between lectures or tutes??? whats the max possible time it would take to travel to a class???

nick.milevski

HSC
i live in Riverwood so travelling back home on my 5 hour break is pretty pointless aswell. i might just go and have a shower in the disabled toilet to relax and cool off lol yes?

wyho

HSC
N/A
lol.. anyway they should update the game arcade at the roundhouse, no use spending time there as the games r shit.

gman03

HSC
nick.milevski said:
i live in Riverwood so travelling back home on my 5 hour break is pretty pointless aswell. i might just go and have a shower in the disabled toilet to relax and cool off lol yes?
where is the shower? I never seen one thou... could've wash my shirt there...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
with my timetable... there are some classes that are straight aftr another class... does it take long to travel between lectures or tutes??? whats the max possible time it would take to travel to a class???
From the Law Building to the Biological Sciences Building, downhill, takes about 15 minutes at a comfortable walking pace. Uphill is about five minutes extra unless you're fit, which I guess most people aren't. It shouldn't be a problem though, as very few people would have classes in the two extremes of the uni.

I had my timetable with only a one hour break, once a week last term and it was hell. I strongly reccomend that you schedule a break or two into your timetable.

nick.milevski

HSC
gman03 said:
where is the shower? I never seen one thou... could've wash my shirt there...
lol i dunno, i went to some seminar thing to help me choose my classes and i was dying to piss so me and my friend walked half way around the uni to look for toilets (meanwhile it cudnt kill them to put up some big signs directing ppl to toilets bcoz it took me like half an hour to find 1 and my bladder was about to explode). anywayz i found 1 in some neglected building but it turned out to be disabled although i couldnt careless. it was quite nice actually lol

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
From the Law Building to the Biological Sciences Building, downhill, takes about 15 minutes at a comfortable walking pace. Uphill is about five minutes extra unless you're fit, which I guess most people aren't. It shouldn't be a problem though, as very few people would have classes in the two extremes of the uni.

I had my timetable with only a one hour break, once a week last term and it was hell. I strongly reccomend that you schedule a break or two into your timetable.
thankyou very much :)... so the longest possible walk would b 20 minutes?? i dunt think mine is that extreme... but iwill attending a public lecture on this coming wednesday... and iw anan bring my timetable so i can see how long it will take... but thankyou very much for the advice.. i guess i'll b gettin fit again withall the running... :)

thankz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)