• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Long distance relationships . . . do they ever work?.?. (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I'd imagine the sex would be so much hotter when you only get limited time to see one another.

HSC
katykins said:
no, they dont work. been there done that. it just ends really bad :(
if he was greek do what all of us greeks do; outcast him as a turk and move on, if he wasn't greek then it must of been because of that it didn't work

makes perfect sense doesn't it kat ;)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
You're not stupid for attempting a long distance relationship! I just personally think that these relationship don't work because aren't you in a relationship because you want to be with each other and see each other alot? Long Distance relationships are just too much work and really hard to commit to. And wouldn't it be kind of awkward everytime you meet up because you're soo used to just talking to each other on the phone?

m.guthrey

HSC
I can't really speak for you, but I'm in a long distance relationship myself, he lives 2 hrs away and we only see each other each holidays and a few weekends (it sucks). We've been going out for about 19 months and we're still going strong, getting stronger even. But, we have known each other for years.

So, in answer to your question, yes, they can work, at least I believe so, but it's hard. If you personally feel it was worth it, it probably was.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
if he was greek do what all of us greeks do; outcast him as a turk and move on, if he wasn't greek then it must of been because of that it didn't work

makes perfect sense doesn't it kat ;)
well well well mr. casmira......we meet again!
you know what i'd do.....i'd just outkast him as a greek and move on! :p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Ahh, the Greeks and the Armenians hate the turks. Hate them so much.

I take my hat off to you, Casmira.
lol.
i hate you too :)

HSC
as funny as it may seem sparkl3z, its very true :uhhuh: call a greek of turkish descent, and youll never see a man so fired up before

sparkl3z said:
well well well mr. casmira......we meet again!
you know what i'd do.....i'd just outkast him as a greek and move on! :p
hey that'd only lead too complimenting him :p

btw im joking:p so over hating turks

davin

HSC
N/A
Nesty said:
friend did it with this guy over in america.. think they have been together for.. aw.. must have been 3 years and a bit more..

stupid if you ask me.. especially seeing her crying all the time over him and the distance between them.. but quite admirable as well you know.. how they both can hold it for so long..
that is the most painful sort of thing imaginable....distances like that one take an almost naive faith to try to overcome. from the "i tried that" perspective

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
My friend is with a guy who lives in melbourne and they see eachother only a few times a year for around a week but they are the most in love couple that i have ever seen.
Personally i couldnt do it... i need the physical, the affection and what not, otherwise we may as well just be friends. I couldnt stand it. The most i could tolerate would be only seeing them once a couple of weeks, but even that, it would probably have to be with someone who i was already in love with before and one of us moved away. I wouldnt start a long distance by choice.

HSC
It does work occasionally. My sister was dating a guy who lived in north sydney (we're in Wollongong), moved in with each other after about 3 years, lived together for about another 4-5 years, then have been managing living away from each other on and off for a few months at a time when one was in China, Germany, Australia or Taiwan.

In short, after 13 years of being together, about half of which was long distance, they are now married.

So it will work but I think you have to have a strong base to start with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)