Longest lasting games (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I personally can't think of one I've played for a very very long time, and I'm talking like years. I hate games that you get addicted to so much that you play it 10 hours a day for 2 weeks, finished every bit of the game and just stop playing it because there's nothing more to do in the game. So which types of games or specific games in your opinion last the longest?

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Riviet said:
I personally can't think of one I've played for a very very long time, and I'm talking like years. I hate games that you get to addicted to so much that you play it 10 hours a day for 2 weeks, finished every bit of the game and just stop playing it because there's nothing more to do in the game. So which types of games or specific games in your opinion last the longest?
I once played GTA Vice City 10 hours straight overnight because someone turned off the ps2 while it was saving and the file was screwed up. From then on we saved the same file 3 times just to be sure.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
those online puzzle things. like you have to find clues through links/detective work/scripts...good stuff but very very adictive.

HSC
Riviet said:
I personally can't think of one I've played for a very very long time, and I'm talking like years. I hate games that you get to addicted to so much that you play it 10 hours a day for 2 weeks, finished every bit of the game and just stop playing it because there's nothing more to do in the game. So which types of games or specific games in your opinion last the longest?
RPG's of course.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
moonlight_angel said:
RPG's of course.
Got any specific examples? I personally think RPG's last the shortest! Because once you've completed all the missions or objectives, most generally get boring. Of course there are exceptions, like the Final Fantasy games are very fun to play through several times and play differently.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Morrowind is big. Very big. Though Oblivion is said to be bigger.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
When I was younger my cousins had an Amiga 500, and they had a game called DungeonMaster, now it was a great game, the only problem was, their copy wouldn't let them save any progress, I think we all know where this is leading :)

Anyway they decided they will complete this game if it kills them and so made a pact to play it non-stop till it's over, they had pages of A4 grid paper for maps and would take shifts making notes and improving their characters. Anyway the computer did not get turned off for over a week (I visited them a few times and always noticed the game paused with more advanced stats). One day they had a blackout, well that was a fun day :rofl:

So they then obtained a PC and a version which *would* let them save, not sure if they ever finished it because whenever I say "hey remember dungeonmaster, now that was a cool game...." I start smiling and they just don't want to talk about it. They also must have spent weeks playing Faery Tale because I still see their A4 grid/map books on their shelves.

Computer addiction, such fun.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Got any specific examples? I personally think RPG's last the shortest! Because once you've completed all the missions or objectives, most generally get boring. Of course there are exceptions, like the Final Fantasy games are very fun to play through several times and play differently.
Elder scrolls series, NWN also goes for a while, then you got MMO's which are huge as well.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've been playing a game of Fallout or Fallout 2 at least once a year since year 5.

In terms of longest I've played consistently: Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and Diablo 2. 3 or so years for D2, 5 or so years for JJ2. I don't play either anymore.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
initial d v2 - 3 : played since end of o3. i stopped playing now as ive realised i wasted too much money and the fact that people take it too fckn seriously = = "

WOW: when i first got it i played for hours and HOURS. don't play it anymore ..

DDR: kind of on and off but ive been playing it for since year6. not anymore though.

tekken: started off by playing tekken 2 which was like in yr5 or year6. now im playing tekken 5 lol

gunbound: yes a freaking addict in year10 LOL. played for VERY LONG periods of time. don't play anymore though lol.

super mario brothers 3: played this game since i was like 5 and i still find it fun !! haha

played the FF's for a while too

and no i didnt play these games like very single day of my life ! maybe with the exception of gunbound in year10 lol.

Last edited:

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I played The Sims and The Sims 2 for ages.
Also GTA: Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, RollerCoaster Tycoon and GTA 1 (yes the original, it was so awesome!)

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
When I was younger my cousins had an Amiga 500, and they had a game called DungeonMaster, now it was a great game, the only problem was, their copy wouldn't let them save any progress, I think we all know where this is leading :)

Anyway they decided they will complete this game if it kills them and so made a pact to play it non-stop till it's over, they had pages of A4 grid paper for maps and would take shifts making notes and improving their characters. Anyway the computer did not get turned off for over a week (I visited them a few times and always noticed the game paused with more advanced stats). One day they had a blackout, well that was a fun day :rofl:

So they then obtained a PC and a version which *would* let them save, not sure if they ever finished it because whenever I say "hey remember dungeonmaster, now that was a cool game...." I start smiling and they just don't want to talk about it. They also must have spent weeks playing Faery Tale because I still see their A4 grid/map books on their shelves.

Computer addiction, such fun.
Dude, I *LOVED* dungeon master.
I found an emulator for it - without the save option ;), and did exactly what you did.

The longest lasting game is Starcraft. It's terribly addictive. Especially with UMS community pumping out modified maps and Starcraft's balance of tech and unit numbers...it's tre cool.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Definately any game from the Championship Manager/Football Manager series.

Demandred

HSC
Diablo 2! I can't believe some of the guys did 20 hrs of non-stop cow runs!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
Diablo 2! I can't believe some of the guys did 20 hrs of non-stop cow runs!
yeah played diablo for HOURS when i first layed my hands on it lol. and that was the demo version haha.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Diablo 2 was definitely addictive, but how long did you end up playing it before it got boring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)