• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Longest time spent travelling to and from uni (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
cro_angel said:
umm 20-25 mins on a good day.. about 35 mins at like 5pm on a friday afternoon
i live in the hills district too.. guess its the place to be
for the girl who goes to usyd.. why dont you just catch the citybus like the 610 etc and just walk from central (or bus). i would have done that if i got into b ed at usyd.. oh well. kinda glad im at acu now hehe free parking rocks my world
if i catch the hills bus there is no where i can park. It would still take me over an hour and a half each way...
and trains don't (usually) get stuck in traffic... tho they do run late!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
soha said:
when i went to uni
i spent 3 hours going there and 3 hours coming home
i live in baulkham hills and uni was at bankstown
1 bus 2 trains and another bus to get to uni
the same coming home
6 hours a day was dedicated to transport
i couldnt handle it
how could anyone handle that? on an average day for me i'm not away from the house for 6hours

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
iambored said:
how could anyone handle that? on an average day for me i'm not away from the house for 6hours
thats depressing
i would be so drained and exhausted from 3 buses and 4 trains..
that 6 hours was time i could have spent studying or sleeping
both of which i couldnt do ...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I only drive 20mins on a good day, it can get above 30mins when the traffics really bad.

I feel pretty happy about that time, because I know of people that have to drive an hour to uni each day. At one stage, the guy was taking a bus home which took 2-3 hours. This is never a good thing when you finish uni at 6pm and star the next morning at 9am.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
blue mountains - bankstown = 2 hours drive in traffic, without speeding....

catching train and bus is annoying, 2 trains and 1 bus, takes about 3 hours

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
jumb said:
I only drive 20mins on a good day, it can get above 30mins when the traffics really bad.

I feel pretty happy about that time, because I know of people that have to drive an hour to uni each day. At one stage, the guy was taking a bus home which took 2-3 hours. This is never a good thing when you finish uni at 6pm and star the next morning at 9am.

im in exactly that situation right now with the buses, as is everyone who travels from newy uni from the central coast at the moment, and i have a day where i have to be at uni from 8 to 8, and hten another 8am start the following morning..
also i finished at 10 this morning and i didnt get home till 2:30

jawjayo

vast and green
HSC
at UNSW, pretty much everyone i know takes at least 1.5h to get there unless they live on campus or coogee (Damn those people!). Thats 3h of travelling minimum for those of you who can't add up. Usually takes me 4h both ways and thats only coz i manage to get express trains. Not as bad as some but still damn annoying. least it gives everyone from uni something to talk about.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
im in exactly that situation right now with the buses, as is everyone who travels from newy uni from the central coast at the moment, and i have a day where i have to be at uni from 8 to 8, and hten another 8am start the following morning..
also i finished at 10 this morning and i didnt get home till 2:30
You should move down here, or atleast move down here during the week.

You can share my bed.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Not the longest but still... a painful one hour and 15min if I am lucky. if I ain't could be up to more than 2hours!! I live in the northern district

mishka

HSC
N/A
45-50 min drive (not peak hour)
10min walk (from home to station), 1 hour train trip, then 20min walk to uni (total=1.5 hours). i go from campbelltown to strathfield for uni.

if it's peak hour, i prefer to catch the train because the M5 is shocking :uhhuh: but this semester that was only one day out of four.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)