LOOK HERE!!! STRUCTURE for globalisation ESSAY? (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
G'day,
i have to do a globalisation essay with the following question
"Analyse the process of globalisation and discuss the nature of the global economy". i'm set with the content of it. i.e. i know all the information but i always have trouble structuring it, deciding what sections to put in and what information to put in. with this essay we've basically got to discuss everything there is to discuss about globalisation and the global economy so if its not tooo much trouble can you set down a good structure? e.g. Section one: feature of globalisation: trade, FDI, connection between this and that.

thanks heaps :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I found it hard to structure my 2500 word essay on globalisation too, i did a case study on china and the impact of globalisation on the economy.

Even though it's an essay, use sub headings unless specifically asked in the question not to.

I would start with an introduction defining globalisation and briefly outlining it's effect on the global economy in broad terms. Then proceed to going into detail with each aspect of the global economy that globalisation has impacted. That is how i would approach your essay question.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll show you how mine was structured: (Its specific to China)

Intro (Basically globalisation in general.)

Reforms.

Trade

Investment

Foreign Exchange

Economic growth

Quality of life

With Trade, forex, and investment, i looked at the causes of the changes, and the impact that had on everything else (inflation, growth, employment, etc etc)
Everything in this course is linked to each other.

BlackDragon

HSC
Riviet said:
I found it hard to structure my 2500 word essay on globalisation too, i did a case study on china and the impact of globalisation on the economy.

Even though it's an essay, use sub headings unless specifically asked in the question not to.

I would start with an introduction defining globalisation and briefly outlining it's effect on the global economy in broad terms. Then proceed to going into detail with each aspect of the global economy that globalisation has impacted. That is how i would approach your essay question.
should i go through the causes of globalisation? e.g. marshal plan, washington consensus, the creation of GATT, UN, IMF etc..? i tried making that part short and just by going through all the causes of globalisation i used up 1200 words. and just listing them doesn't really add. e.g. below are the 5 main causes of globalisation:

should i approach this section at all or briefly mention the causes in the appropriate sections?

BlackDragon

HSC
Rafy said:
I'll show you how mine was structured: (Its specific to China)

Intro (Basically globalisation in general.)

Reforms.

Trade

Investment

Foreign Exchange

Economic growth

Quality of life

With Trade, forex, and investment, i looked at the causes of the changes, and the impact that had on everything else (inflation, growth, employment, etc etc)
Everything in this course is linked to each other.
what do you mean by reforms? policy or tax? similar thing really. the rest makes sense. thanks. so you guys basically think the best method is to just to compartmentalise it. e.g. Trade - you talk about the causes of the boom in trade, give some figures and explain what these means for different regions etc..

thankyou

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Perhaps he was referring to the reforms specific to dealing with China's transition from a centrally planned economy to a market-orientated one.

BlackDragon

HSC
we had in a 10% assignment and then do an essay a few days later on the exact same thing in class. worth another 10%

BlackDragon

HSC
is this a good structure in discussing the nature of the global economy?:

Introduction (define it)
characteristics of globalisation
nature of the global economy and consequences of globalisation:
-technology and communication
-transnational corporations
-trade and capital flows
-economic growth
-income inequality and poverty

Riviet

HSC
N/A
BlackDragon said:
should i go through the causes of globalisation? e.g. marshal plan, washington consensus, the creation of GATT, UN, IMF etc..? i tried making that part short and just by going through all the causes of globalisation i used up 1200 words. and just listing them doesn't really add. e.g. below are the 5 main causes of globalisation:

should i approach this section at all or briefly mention the causes in the appropriate sections?
It depends how long your essay needs to be. If it is long, say 2000-3000 words, you could probably fit a paragraph or two on the causes, but this section is not that important in contrast to the impacts and effects of globalisation. If it's shorter, then you only need to briefly outline the causes as the short word limit prohibits you from going into any more detail.

BlackDragon said:
is this a good structure in discussing the nature of the global economy?:

Introduction (define it)
characteristics of globalisation
nature of the global economy and consequences of globalisation:
-technology and communication
-transnational corporations
-trade and capital flows
-economic growth
-income inequality and poverty
It looks fine. Just stick with it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)