• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Looking for a new mp3 player (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Okay so you MAKE the custom equilizer by first going to the Equilizer button at the bottom right third from left corner. You go to the scroll tab and choose manual. You change the settings however you want it then you got to the tab and choose Make Preset... and save it as a name of your choice. I chose 'custom' and saved it as that. Custom is now avaliable for you to change the chosen song for it to be the equilizer setting as well as volume enhance etc. You can make as many presets as you want I think and change it for every song if you wanted.
ANYTHING YOU DO TO THE iTUNES SETTING WILL TRANSFER TO THE iPOD IF THE iPOD HAS THAT SONG SO YOU CAN CALIBRATE THE SONG WITHOUT THE iPOD SO THAT WHEN YOU PLUG THE iPOD IN IT AUTO CHANGES EVERY SONG ON YOUR iPOD.
THUS IF YOU CHANGING SETTINGS WITH AN iPOD PLUGGED IN IT CHANGES AND SAVES THE SETTING FOR EVERY CHANGE. :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
If you're worried about battery life, you can get battery packs for iPods that hold AA batteries -- good for plane trips. I'd go iPod, but spend the extra $100 odd and get a 20gb

transcendent

HSC
N/A
My computer barely has 2 Gb worth of space and it'd be a pain to recalibrate 20 Gb worth of music. Everyone says to pay up but sooner or later you can get a better iPod. I'd say get the cheapest, quickest alternative that is necessary for every day use and invest in a better one later when you actually need it.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Technically I have $900 to spend on this... but really I want something that's light and small, hence I'm going for the mini. 20GB isn't needed for me, I have alot of music but definitely not more than 4GB worth which I would consider a necessity (i.e there's no point of me putting on all my music collection since I would never even touch alot of the songs now).

JimmyK: Plus the fact that the 2nd gen minis have twice the battery life of the 1st gen.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah my first gen mini dies after ~8 hours continuous, ok, since thats the advertised life, but wont get through all ~700 songs.

The EQ and volume and other things are set through itunes, you turn on "sound check" on the ipod and i think either its fine from that, or you set the matching eq (not sure i usually leave it as is).

topcat27

Toddles
HSC
Have a look at the Creative Muvo or Zen.

i've had a Muvo since last Christmas- 5gb storage, FM radio, equilizer, built in microphone, removable battery, and plays WMA and MP3 so it's compatible with online legal music downloads. However, the controls are bit fiddly and takes some getting use to, but a great unit.

Last edited:

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
ohh u must get the Samsung YP T6, its so small!! 512mb, light weight, FM radio, equilizer, built in microphone, removable battery, WMA, MP3 & ADPCM compatible, SRS 3D and TruBass WOW effects.. its the best!! but i've lost mine.. :(decided to buy the ipod shuffer but decided to save up for the iRiver iFP-995 ... ohh irresistible! :D

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
I-pods don't have a recordin function do they?

I've got about a GIG of mp3's (I had alot more but my old HDD died). And my 128 MB mp3 player, whilst great and compact, is barely enough to hold about 30-45 mp3's.

Say can anyone post their music collection or something? I can't think of any mp3's to download...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
just get an iriver ... u wont regret it (like an ipod)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)