Looking for a Tutor for HSC Maths - 4U-2U (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I'm currently doing 4U Maths in HSC and am in my first term of my HSC. There are a lot of great choices on Tutorfinder etc but I'm not sure if those are right for me.

I'm currently in the middle of doing Complex Numbers and Binomial Theorem, and I'm worried that some tutor centres which have already started 4U are way past of what I've been doing, so I'm not sure on how to manage that situation since previous stuff are definitely relevant to future topics.

My past two tutors are privates and I'd like to give centres/colleges a try since they essentially force everyone to be on the same level, properly giving out homework etc., and allowing progress to be constant instead of slow.

I live in the Inner West (Bankstown Area) and am available to almost all places around me as long as its not too far away. I'd prefer something not overpriced like the $80/hr tutor I had, and a tutor that is still effective and contributive to understanding the subject.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I live in the Inner West (Bankstown Area) and am available to almost all places around me as long as its not too far away. I'd prefer something not overpriced like the $80/hr tutor I had, and a tutor that is still effective and contributive to understanding the subject.
Wish I could charge that much! Ha ha.

gz_HSCTUTOR

HSC
N/A
Hey Prodigyinspired,

We have a small 4u class on Wednesday 4:30 - 7:30 in Strathfield if you would like to give that a go. We charge $25/hour and the teacher has had years of experience in teaching 4u math. He is currently doing a Masters in Electrical Engineering. He will be doing Curve Sketching but is more then willing to give you private lessons for Complex Numbers. If your interested you can email me at garyzhanghsc@gmail.com.

Hope to speak to you soon!

Warm Regards,
Gary

daichotomy

HSC
Hi ProdigyInspired,

I'm offering private tuition for 2U, 3U and 4U Maths, if you need assistance in specific topics in the maths course I can easily arrange a lesson plan for you to do that without compromising the quality of tuition. Do not worry about the other tutoring centres as some of them do teach very quickly and it is often difficult to understand what is being taught. Some tutoring centres sacrifice the quality of the lesson for speed, and then they repeat their lessons for revision leading up to exams which is not a very good strategy in my opinion.

Check out my thread below:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...toring-|-math-2u-3u-4u-physics-chemistry.html

Kindest regards,
Andrew

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I know 2 maths tutoring places in your area

1.Terry Lee

2. Tipps education

I heard that at Terry Lee, the average score for either 3 unit or 4 unit
( forgot which one) was in the low 90s (93 iirc) and usually they get state rankers in hsc maths there one of which was terry lee's son

You can try tipps as well but tipps is always full on students. I went there ages ago and I remember the teacher started off with the theory and then she would give us questions out of a handout to do

Terry Lee is more about doing questions out of his textbook as he barely gives you any examples in class so if you're willing to waste time in class doing exercises from the textbook in class, then Terry Lee is for you. I heard that in his lessons, he incorporates more theory than his son does in year 11 (his son teaches the year 11 classes) given the fact that Hsc maths is a million times harder than prelim maths

Hope this helps

If both don't satisfy you then find a good private tutor. A lot of private tutors tend to be bad but get an experienced one who is well known or has lots of testimonials about them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)