Looking for advice - wanting to transfer to usyd to become a vet (1 Viewer)

astraaaaaah

HSC
Hey all, i'm currently at macquarie uni as a first year studying a bach of med sci. However, I want to pursue my dream of becoming to vet and go to usyd. I didn't get the atar required for usyd veterinary however (80 atar, it needs 98), I was wondering if there was a reliable pathway for me to get into a doctor of vet med at usyd? Would transferring to usyd and doing veterinary science then transferring to DVM work? Or should I avoid making this decision altogether and just do med sci, which i'm not very passionate about.

axyx

HSC
Uni Grad
You'd probably have a good chance if you have a high wam like 80+, but it also depends on how many spots there are in the course. I'm not familiar with veterinary science but if it has very limited spots then high school leavers might get the priority. That being said you probably should have applied via uac a week ago bc the application fee goes up by like $200 after September ends. IMO you should apply regardless and see if you get the offer or not.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Hey all, i'm currently at macquarie uni as a first year studying a bach of med sci. However, I want to pursue my dream of becoming to vet and go to usyd. I didn't get the atar required for usyd veterinary however (80 atar, it needs 98), I was wondering if there was a reliable pathway for me to get into a doctor of vet med at usyd? Would transferring to usyd and doing veterinary science then transferring to DVM work? Or should I avoid making this decision altogether and just do med sci, which i'm not very passionate about.
not as relevant but my Biology teacher did Vet science at usyd with the bondi vet guy

user1006

HSC
hey am planning to doing the same thing, but am going into macq uni this year, am wondering if you have transfer or if its possible?

liamkk112

HSC
hey am planning to doing the same thing, but am going into macq uni this year, am wondering if you have transfer or if its possible?
u need to complete the Acuity Insights Casper Situational Judgement Test, have a high gpa, 28 days of relevant animal handling work experience during the last 3 years, fundamental units in chem, bio and biochemistry, and also an admissions statement to be competitive for admission into the doctor of vet science. im not sure how exactly you would get the work experience,but everything else seems doable

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Depends how much animal exp you have. I tried this but they rejected 4 yrs of my exp with animals cus it wasn't enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)