Looking For Others Interest in an Online Study Group for Business Studies (1 Viewer)

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
Hey there, my name is Natalie, I'm doing my HSc like most of you, I am in the middle of preparing for my trials and I have been trying to get some friends together from various subjects to do a study group, well basically that theory fell flat on it's face, but I had another idea, basically starting an online study group kinda thing.

Generally combining HSC all over doing the same subject, in this case business studies, in an online environment that's specifically devoted to that subject.

I'm looking for students who would be interested in getting involved, sharing notes, and resources, and working together to better our results, granted different school etc will be doing different things but the overall topics willbe the same. so working from the syllabus, we should be ok.

This would mean people getting involved would be able to access and submit their notes and what ever else and get feedback, ask questions and generally discuss the issues and ideas they have.

I'm really keen to do this, so let me know if your interest, please note I am really looking for motivated individuals, to form the group, basically those who are willing and wanting to put in a little bit of extra effort to make their study actually worthwhile and to try and improve our exam marks.. ultimately affecting our end result. The HSC.

Let me know what you think or email me at admin@themigitminority.org or natalie_crowe@hotmail.com for me details, thanks everyone, I look forward to hearing from you

P.S i also do software Design and Development, IPT, Music 1, Advanced English and I was doing Community and Family studies until early last week. + Business Studies :D

Cya!

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
Yeah, that's coolies, just thought if others wanted to step outside the boredofstudies site that options was there ;) thanks for your reply though.

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
How is the study group going to be conducted? - chat room? MSN? Email?
I'm thinking that combining some of my availabe webspace with a chatroom and msn, Basically having the webspace for submission of notes etc; that way ther eis no timezone/ time frame problems, members of the group could access the website when ever they desire... at home, school etc, the chatroom allowing for major group discussion, etc at a time that suits everyone we go to the chatroom and can go from there, and msn convos; 1 on 1 or group discussion about dependant on the direction each member is heading.

For example
Fox and I were studying for another subject last night, we were talking 1 on 1 on msn basically going through each dot point of a sheet given to us in class and brainstorming ideas for our notes/summaries.

Later on, we had a few other people wanting to talk to us about what we had done and compare ideas, so we went over to the chatroom and participated in a group chat.

After that all four people ended up posted their notes up on the website for those group members to access. Basically, everyone that made an effort (those who were involved) can access the work submitted, hence there is an avoidance of people who aren't doing the actual work, but want to freeload (few members in my class) from accessing the resources.

?what do you think?

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
No not yet, I have to start doing something with this REALLY soon, like i am about to start studying for an exam tonight, I have an in class assessment on the financial section we've been doing in class..

Add me to msn so we can talk about it Danni, I'll be on all of this week.. this invitation goes out to anyone else who is also interesting

natalie_crowe@hotmail.com

Cheers

Moonlite

HSC
I'm interested! But most of my notes are written and not typed (except for global business)... is that ok?

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
Yeah, it wouldmean extra work... but yeah typing your notes up.. would be a form of revision anyway

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
HEy, That sounds really good :) I'm really keen to do the study group but none of you (with exception of adam) have added me to msn so we can organise it. Email me or add me to msn so we can have a chat about how we are gonna get it happening. I have started a little bit but nothing to much just my own notes. we have like 64 day until the HSC we really need to get it sorted if we are gonna do this.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
My notes for all topics are typed
I haven't done global yet

I'm suprised I didn't replied to this thread earlier :p

MiGiTMiNoRiTy

HSC
Yay! More people! :) goood good, add me to msn i have 2 people so far who have added me :) lol .. awesome!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)