• I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

dragonsrock

The Sexy One
HSC
Im trying to lose a bit of weight at the moment and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a healthy cereal, at the moment im addicted to Cruncy Nut which has a tonne of sugar in it, so a healthier alternative should help me out.

Also I heard bread is really bad if you want to lose weight, but i cant live without it. What type/brand is the best way to go whilst trying to shed kilos?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Okay. Don't buy into the carbs = the devil thing that pretty much every diet pushes these days. You do need carbs but if you're wanting to lose weight, avoid them before exercising and try not to have too many refined carbs.

I love bread too, always have, always will except I try not to eat too much white bread if any at all. Whole grain breads are great, I love Burgen's Honey and Oat bread toasted. It's great for sandwiches. Basically the more grains, the better (for all carbs pretty much).

The healthiest cereal is Bran, plain and simple. It's not the most delicious but it's the best for you. Or again whole grains. Oatmeal is pretty good too.

Why are you losing weight though? How much are you planning to lose? Or are you just trying to tone up parts of your body.

dragonsrock

The Sexy One
HSC
Thanks heaps for your help Tulipa.

Well basically I've carried extra weight around for a few years now, and now that the HSC is over I have more time to watch my eating habits and excercise more. I've lost about 3 kilos over a month, and in the long run I'd like to lose about 10 -15 kilos.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Question!

If you had a massive (though healthy) lunch, and feel completely full/bloated right up until dinner time, should you still have eaten a small snack during the time between lunch and dinner to keep your metabolism going?

chenliru

[h<3rt_kdramas.]
HSC
to lose the weighttt

im 160cm at 60kgs and my goal is to start losing weight through the easiest way possible. i was 8kgs heavier two years ago and i slowly lost it since then from my brisk walks with the dog, but its taking too long and its annoying how the weight just goes up and down..

HSC
N/A
Re: to lose the weighttt

Slow weightloss is good weightloss. Anything paticularly "quick" or "easy" is almost guarenteed to ensure that the weight just comes straight back on.

Brisk dog walks are good, but probably not enough to take it past 'initial weightloss' or 'maintenance'. What's the breed of the dog? Can you take it with you to an oval, and jog for 15-20mins a few times a week? You'll probably see more results then :)

Secondly, what's your diet like? With regular exercise and a good, moderated diet, your weight shouldn't fluctuate too much... I guess another thing to consider is that you're very likely still going through some puberty changes, so gotta be prepared for that as well :)

HSC
N/A

you probably need to start doing higher-intensity exercise so that you can keep seeing results and get out of this current plateau situation. :)

chenliru

[h<3rt_kdramas.]
HSC

glitterfairy said:
Slow weightloss is good weightloss. Anything paticularly "quick" or "easy" is almost guarenteed to ensure that the weight just comes straight back on.

Brisk dog walks are good, but probably not enough to take it past 'initial weightloss' or 'maintenance'. What's the breed of the dog? Can you take it with you to an oval, and jog for 15-20mins a few times a week? You'll probably see more results then :)

Secondly, what's your diet like? With regular exercise and a good, moderated diet, your weight shouldn't fluctuate too much... I guess another thing to consider is that you're very likely still going through some puberty changes, so gotta be prepared for that as well :)
lol the dog is too small and old to jog at the oval with me. ive done it with a frend, but we dont see eachother very often, so i dont have much motivation to go bymyself.
im asian so i tend to eat chinese/viet/laos food, but i give in to junk food too easily when i see it! i love fruit though and i eat it pretty often - in one day.. is that alright?

HSC
N/A

Fruit is "good", but it's also very sugary.... prob not the best idea to have STACKS on a regular basis (both for weight and long-term health reasons, eg diabetes).

I also have no motivation to "run on an oval by myself" :( Sport is an option (if you like it), or even dance classes. Often it's easier to loose weight if you join a physical activity you actually enjoy, so you look forward to it :)

Failing that, come to my house and borrow any one of my dogs :p (one's a lab, one's a g shep x doberman x kelpie x rottweiler. Both aren't walked as often as they should be :/)

latvia

HSC
N/A

glitterfairy said:
so true..
lose weight fast, gain it back even faster.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

latvia said:
so true..
lose weight fast, gain it back even faster.
ridiculously true.

I was 42kg earlier this year. Lightest I've been in a few years. Took me three weeks to lose 4kg by going to the gym every night and barely eating. I fucking loved my body but apart from that I felt like shit.

When I started eating normally it took me less than a week to gain it all back.

So the message is don't starve yourself :)

L

littlewing69

You've plateaued. Increase the intensity of your exercise. i.e. start jogging regularly. You could also hit the gym and develop more muscle which will not only help you burn fat but give you more tone.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC

LOL

I am just slightly lighter than u =(

I used to run for half an hr and worship bball until my legs got injured and couldnt take it anymore. But I still recommend jogging and swimming as best forms of fatburner if you are like me and cant afford gym. ><

Um diet? I don't do diets but I eat pretty healthy anyway. I naturally hate anything sweet, too salty, oily, fried and fat. =]

lala2

Banned
HSC

Aha, another Asian like me! I'm 160cm as well--59kgs. Anyone have any tips for tummy or bum fat? I've rushed so much to uni that it's gotten to the point that my thighs are now developing muscles! (yay) but the tummy and bum fat just isn't going. :(

360flip

HSC
N/A

to the thread starter just continue what youre doing just eat the right food thats all!

stargaze

HSC

hey,

i think there are some simple things to do with losing weight. Nothing quick fix or dramatic, but over the long term are well, just good for you.

1. Eating 5-6 meals a day - this doesn't mean eating more, but moreover just breaking up what you may eat in 3 meals into 6 (and maybe eating a bit less). Keeps the metabolism going nicely.

2. Making conscious diet decisions. Personally I'm a fan of moderate carb + higher protein + low fat diets. I also think that if u are going to eat more carbs, do it earlier in the day. So your 'dinner' should be pretty low carb, with a high protein %.

3. Choosing alternatives. e.g. for carbs, go for low GI stuff - such as choosing wholemeal/brown bread as opposed to white bread.

Exercise wise, there are plenty of options. Both cardio & resistance training is pretty effective. But yeah, importantly get the heart rate up.

PrettyVacant

HSC

Eat less food and drink more water.

=) And don't get addicted to artifical sweeteners and caffiene.

lengy

HSC

Don't eat snacks. Just eat meals to fill you up. Don't eat when you're not hungry.

HSC
N/A

^ Actually, snacking isn't a bad habit to fall into, so long as you are eating something sensible instead of 'treating' yourself on a regular basis. Those with a fast metabolism have to eat at shorter intervals - snacking helps to "tide themselves over" till a "meal", instead of trying to eat fewer heavier meals :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)