Lost @ 'Enrolment Basket' (1 Viewer)

sasa-o8

HSC
I'm doing B. Arts - 3403 next year and I'm up to the "Enrolment Basket" section of the online enrolment procedure. And I'm soo lost! I've asked about 4 friends, and they are as confused as I am.

I wanted to do a double major in Chinese studies and Economics. But because I want to transfer to Commerce/arts next yr, I read up the hand book and it stated this:

Rules Relating to the Bachelor of Arts Component
1. Of the 108 units of credit in Arts and Social Sciences required for the combined degree:
(a) none may be from courses offered by the Australian School of Business
(b) at least 24 and no more than 36 units of credit must be obtained in Level 1 courses, including no more than 12 Level 1 units of credit offered in any one sequence of study;
Does that mean I shouldn't select Economics as a major and to go with say, International Relations instead?

Another question, I typed in CHINA13403 into the 'Multiple Courses #" search, but it returned nothing.

I. Hate. This. :burn:

HSC
I'd say go to the advisory day on the 29th, you wouldn't want to make a mistake. No rush.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Basically that just means you can't count economics credit under a BA if you transfer to comm/arts... the credit will be counted under your commerce degree (so you will need to meet that 108 credit points for arts from just arts/social science subjects). If you do micro/macro under your BA this year, and then transfer, the credit will automatically be counted over towards your commerce degree.

Also CHINA13403 isn't a subject, it's a program. Are you starting at beginner chinese or a more advanced level? Click that link you pasted to CHINA13403 and read up on what subjects you need to take.

HSC
Now wanting to hijack this thread, but courses only for Semester 2 will produce a " no results found" or something when i search for it, right?

ie. ARTS1091

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
umm I guess so, why does it matter if it's only for semester 2? you can't enroll in it now anyway

HSC
Sweet thanks, was wondering if it should have shown up anyways.

sasa-o8

HSC
So after two or three days, I've finally started enrolling! I'm so confused now, I tried enrolling myself into ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 but most of the tutes were full, so I chose one with around 8 or so people. Anyway, I proceed to enrol, but it shows up as PENDING?

My friend just told me it's because it's a semester 2 subject, but it says Offering Period 09/03/2009 - 07/06/2009?? :confused:

I can choose max 24 UOC this semester and I've only got 3 subjects so far (1 Chinese, micro and a pending macro). Can I choose the last subject from anywhere else within the Arts faculty? E.g. Criminology? Do I select it as MINOR when looking for classes?

Sorry if this is all confusing, I don't even know what I'm talking about, but hopefully it makes some sense.

By sasaaaa

haru

HSC
So after two or three days, I've finally started enrolling! I'm so confused now, I tried enrolling myself into ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 but most of the tutes were full, so I chose one with around 8 or so people. Anyway, I proceed to enrol, but it shows up as PENDING?

My friend just told me it's because it's a semester 2 subject, but it says Offering Period 09/03/2009 - 07/06/2009?? :confused:

I can choose max 24 UOC this semester and I've only got 3 subjects so far (1 Chinese, micro and a pending macro). Can I choose the last subject from anywhere else within the Arts faculty? E.g. Criminology? Do I select it as MINOR when looking for classes?

Sorry if this is all confusing, I don't even know what I'm talking about, but hopefully it makes some sense.

By sasaaaa

you cannot do Macro 1 unless you have passed Micro 1. The pre-requisite is micro 1. It says on the handbook

HSC
You should do two Art majors (4 subjects - 24 UOC)

Then use your electives to do ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 in Semester 1, and ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1 in Semester 2. The leaves you with two (12 UOC) remaining electives, maybe you could do another subject you like or do ACCT1501 in S1 and ACCT1511 in S2.

This way when you do transfer, you won't have to worry about changing your Arts major around and you'll maximise your credit transfer options.

I'm in a very similar situation as you.

hope that helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)