• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

louis nowra - visions (1 Viewer)

kaylena

HSC
hey guys.
umm any one got any info on visions that u can share with me?
im the only hsc studant at my school and im struggling with my group and my ip. i only basically got told about a month ago and they are due in a month and i have no ideas.... please help? x

aid1

HSC
im doing it also all i got is this little synopsis ill give it to u even tho im sure u have better stuff

this play is set in paraguay of the 1860s during the war of the triple alliance the bloodiest conflict in latin american history. the meglomaniac president lopez has married madame lynch a partisan coutesan his ingnorance and her egotism together bring ruin on the country themselves. against this violent background a bungled diplomacy, death and superstition, is set an allegory of conflicting values, where visions of the civilised arts of peace sacrifice a nation to its own barbarity

somone give me more........................

georgetta

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm currently working on Visions too - is it for director's??

I'm sort of struggling through it at the moment, but I feel one of the biggest themes/ideas is just the ignorance and tunnel vision of Lopez and Lynch?

aid1

HSC
i think theres some more subtle themes but dont know yet goign to read through it a few more times

maree288

HSC
Yep, I too am doing Visions.
But for set design.
I've done everything I could think of to find inspiration to design a set with about 70 pages of log booking to back it up but I still don't have a concept yet.

Do I just wait for a great idea to magically appear before me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)