Love at first sight vs. falling in love (1 Viewer)

What do you believe in

• love at first sight

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • falling in love

Votes: 98 76.6%
  • neither, love sucks

Votes: 21 16.4%

• Total voters

Collin

HSC
N/A
Love at first site is a crock of shit indeed. The only love at first sight is 'falling in love with their looks'.. and that's not exactly love, in general.

kelboo

HSC
People who experience the feeling of love will believe in love at first sight. When you fall in love, it doesn't have to be a set time after you have gotten to know them...

I knew from the moment I saw my bf we were going to be together. I knew it wasn't just looks either - there is a certain feeling you get when you don't only lust after someone. When you can feel that certain something extra, you know you are in love.
I fell in love the first time I saw my bf - so make of that what you will - but it definitely was love.

If you have been in love you will know what I mean. If not, it's a shame! Love is the most uplifting and exhilarating feeling of all. ;)

Collin

HSC
N/A
alby said:
awwwwwwwww that's so cute!!!!
& so true!
sigged!
I agree.. until ya get over him or get heartbroken that is. I mean, most relationships of us young people don't work out forever.. and the breakup is all part of the dating game etc. Love is just like a temporary high, IMO.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
it might be a "temporary high" as you put it...but if it was a good relationship, once you've broken up with them, the memories you have make it worth the while if you get something outta the relationship

Collin

HSC
N/A
alby said:
it might be a "temporary high" as you put it...but if it was a good relationship, once you've broken up with them, the memories you have make it worth the while if you get something outta the relationship
Of course, but many (or dare I say, most) relationships end, assuming they end, leaving a bad taste. I.e someone cheated, you had a fight.. ya got over each other so that both of you were just annoying each other.. etc.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
yeah, i've had that....but the fact that you've learnt something, or had good experiences/memories from being with them makes it worth while

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Love at first site is fairytale like, its nice to believe in and I think it is possible:)

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
bex said:
i would love to believe that love at first sight is real but i think its a case of lust at first sight and then once you get to know them you start to fall in love with a them. love is on a whole other level to lust and sadly the distinction gets confused sometimes.. everyone has done it!

omg! i totally agree

and yeh. i think ive done it but the results turned out happily and perfect into something u cud call borderline love.. but then distance and parental units killed it! :(:(:(

paganinio

HSC
Asquithian said:
at first sight is lust

how many times do u see a person walk past and wonder 'wow that person is hot...'

if u later meet up with that person and everything clicks well then it was love at first sight.
agree
I may 'love' any pretty girl at first sight

Tao~te

HSC
unrealistic love- love at first sight?

i believe love at first sight is true.....well not that u fall in love with that person straight away, i think its about when u go home and think about that person, u just cant get that person outa ur head, then on a random day u see that person again on the streets, and then ur heart races, and then u've fallen in love.
But i think its unrealistic cos ur playin with ur mind, u've created an image of that person in ur head thats maybe totally different to reality. Girls never seem to aprreciate guys love.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I disagree. That's you falling in love with their LOOKS, commonly known as LUST (or infatuation). Have you ever fallin in love with a fat bald guy who smells like crap?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
not exactly a fat ugly bald guy who smells like crap
but maybe someone who people would consider a nerd or loser
ugly maybe..not that popular
along the lines of fat ugly..but not quite

jellybeenz

HSC
People can spark your interest at first sight, but i don't reckon you can fall in love with them straight away. That happens over a period of time. I reckon you can see someone and something inside you clicks and you think "Oh I wanna get to know that person better"- its not love but I reckon it is confused with love at first sight all the time. You are just attracted to/interested in someone at first sight.

Tao~te

HSC
but thats very hypocritical......lets face it, HIGH majority of ppl fall in love with another one cos of their looks, cos u wouldnt be interested in that person if it wasnt for the looks......i hate hearin crap like i dun go for the looks, i only go for the true soul...........be honest, looks is the VERY FIRST thing u notice first therefore love on first sight is like lovin the appearance first, then changing the love to another level beyond the looks

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
usually in like the first 5mins. u can scope out a person's personality..
usually.. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)