• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

love makes the world go round (1 Viewer)

yamoonda

HSC
if it wasnt for my friends at school, i would have dropped out by now. i really hate school, but i have stayed mainly because of them. any one else feel the same?

Lahmeh

HSC
School is For Learning.

And you're statement that love makes the world go round is not exactly valid hese days.

yamoonda

HSC
Lahmeh said:
School is For Learning.

And you're statement that love makes the world go round is not exactly valid hese days.
y do u say that? isnt there someone in the world that u wouldnt b here without?

Lahmeh

HSC
Of Course there is but school is an educational institution and i feel that we should see it as just that, not a social forum...socializing is a benefit but learning is the main priority...not that i act that way particularly at my school, but when education is no longer measured in rank or mark, i believe people will be more inclined to learn because they are doing so by choice but that is a completely different issuse.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
haha.. i feel exactly the same way.. well~ i used to..
i went onto year 11 because:
1. i didnt want to disappoint my parents (unlike my older sister)
2. i didnt want to lose my friends
basically that was it.. but then i kind of realised during the holidays how much school took up my time and how much it meant to me to have an education..(?)
so yeah~~ cherish everything you have.. ^-^

yamoonda

HSC
Lahmeh said:
Of Course there is but school is an educational institution and i feel that we should see it as just that, not a social forum...socializing is a benefit but learning is the main priority...not that i act that way particularly at my school, but when education is no longer measured in rank or mark, i believe people will be more inclined to learn because they are doing so by choice but that is a completely different issuse.
i am glad to have an education. dont get me wrong...alll im saying is that if it wasnt for my friends i would have given up by now. its them that have kept me going... i dont know mayb m just a weak person, school has never been my strong point

Lahmeh

HSC
I can see where you're coming from, people's reasons for staying in school vary and some are more pragmatic than others, some reasons are more pointless than others but it just comes down to what matters to each individual i guess.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I reckon that's ok--some people will go to school primarily because of the learning, some go because their parents force them to (but this is another story), and some go beacuse of their friends, and some do because of a bit of everything.

I'm glad to see though, yamooda, that you rely on your friends as a source of support, as well as valuing your education. Because after all, school is about educating you so that you have a better springboard for life, and that includes learning skills such as making friends, and keeping and valuing those friendships.

yamoonda

HSC
the most important thing to me is my friends and my family, i would do anything for them...anyone of them. i would take a bullet for them...i cant say the same about school:p

Lahmeh

HSC
I believe that going to school to have a "better springboard for life" isn't tasteful. Learning is the gateway to bettering yourself and helping others around you, when one goes to school just to help their own situation i don't really think it's perfectly moral and see it as outright selfish in most cases.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Don't you see though? That if by being educated you can have more opportunities opened up to you in life, you'd be helping society? Yes, of course the prime concern is yourself, but education is to make good and helpful citizens out of us

yamoonda

HSC
yeah i guess so. my only problem with school is u dont get to learn wat u want to learn. there is so many rules and regulations and half of the crap u learn at school u will never use again, or i wont any way. i guess i would prefer to be out making my self useful than b stuck in a class room learning about things i dont need. im only at school so i can get a uai and do captive management at uni.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I agree that half the stuff at school we'll never use. Still, it's the way the system runs, so unless something drastic happens soon, it's probably gonna be this way for a long time.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
but realistically, you stayed on at school to see your friends for two more years (after year 10). Trust me, and believe me when i say this. It is SO hard to see your friends when school is over. Everyone goes their different ways and once a week catch up is about all thats possible.

well maybe thats just me. maybe other groups manage better. but me and my friends are so busy. half at uni, half working full time. its really hard to see them, and theres no school to keep us close.

yamoonda

HSC
how did this turn into a desuccsion on school. the main focus was love guys! :p

Lahmeh

HSC
lala2 said:
Don't you see though? That if by being educated you can have more opportunities opened up to you in life, you'd be helping society? Yes, of course the prime concern is yourself, but education is to make good and helpful citizens out of us
The same opportunities should be open to all, no matter what choices they have made in life, it's the ability to capitalize on opportunitty that counts but the factor that has to be consistant is that opportunitties are unlimited in number.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yamoonda said:
how did this turn into a desuccsion on school. the main focus was love guys! :p
well, in the thread starting post, you mentioned the word 'school' twice. and 'love', never. so... i dunno i kind of assumed you were talking about how you're only at school because of your friends. sounds like a school-ish discussion to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)