lowest UAI (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
tamia said:
Well try and top this, a guy i noe got 11! 11 4 his UAI! Although in every exam all he attempted were the multiple choice! He doesn't give a damn coz he's got an apprenticeship workin as a chef.
how does he know he got 11? dont they just put "30 or lower" or "15 or lower"?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
can't you pay to find out your UAI even when it's below 30? i dunno someone told me that you could.

aj_number_10

HSC
Heaps of my mates got between 30 - 50.

The lowest UAI I know of is 27 by my older brothers friend. They were in the days where 30 wasnt the minimum. He also said he was one of the best students at hisc school (Blacktown High) i think and they all just brought him down.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
heres a tip:
if any of ya mates has a uai of 30 something, before you show your parents get a black pen and change that 3 to a 8. hope that helps lol =)

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
lol at 69^boi's idea:yeh man....it doesnt work mate im telling ya

a mate of mine expected, and was expecting himself, a UAI of 97 ish...and wat did he get??? 74.5

needless to say i didnt see or hear from him for a few days later

69^boi

HSC
N/A
wot he needs now is your support dude , like cheer him up n stuff there life outside of hsc.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
Bobcat said:
I got a 49.25 UAI

DO i take the lead??????????????????
fuck, yeah u do
congrats u beat me
i got 50.10

jason120au

HSC
I got a UAI of 62.6 which was about what I was expecting. I could of got a UAI in the 80's but I had a lot of personal issues that I had to deal with during year 11 and 12 on of which was my father being sick and who died about a month before the HSC. My actual HSC results ranged from 58 to 88 which really surprized me considering my situation at the time during the HSC exams.

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
jason: Why didn't you fill out an appeal/misadventure form? My dad was placed on a life support system a couple of weeks before the HSC began and was in a critical condition throughout most of my exams (he's now recovering). Obviously this wasn't as traumatic a situation as yours but my appeals were accepted. If it was an ongoing thing I suppose your assessment marks weren't the best either but at least you would have had the chance of having your marks improved.

jason120au

HSC
sarevok said:
jason: Why didn't you fill out an appeal/misadventure form? My dad was placed on a life support system a couple of weeks before the HSC began and was in a critical condition throughout most of my exams (he's now recovering). Obviously this wasn't as traumatic a situation as yours but my appeals were accepted. If it was an ongoing thing I suppose your assessment marks weren't the best either but at least you would have had the chance of having your marks improved.
I did, however as you said, my assessment marks weren't the best and my miss adventure was accepted by the board of studies and they did use my assessment marks for 4 out of my 6 subjects.

What I can say, is that I did the best that I could under the circumstances. I even managed to gain early entry at UNE at Armidale which I am surprized about.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
69^boi said:
wot he needs now is your support dude , like cheer him up n stuff there life outside of hsc.
yeah i did and he's gotten over it...he's thinking of repeating though...meh if he thinks its gona help him then good for him

the moral of the story people, as 69^boi mentioned, theres life outside the hsc

and jason120au: i'm sorry to hear that man...that's the worst thing that can possibly happen before the hsc....congrats on getting into UNE after what happened

Last edited:

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I had the same sort of thing, a good overall average, and shite UAI (which I'm not posting but it's greater than 40 and lower than 60) and it's because my school was ranked low. Or the school scaled me down or something.... meaning my school was shite.

d_elmo

HSC
the average of all my marks was about 82, however my UAI was 93.15

Idyll

HSC
dezzy said:
they could have used SAM to find out.
Not really. I can't imagine there's really much data which allows someone to correlate aggregates with uais below 30.

Also, most of the data regarding scaling seems to be in smaller increments when it comes to higher marks (i.e. the higher your mark, the more accurate sam can be in determining what it will be scaled to). This seems to fit with the fact that the higher your uai, the more accurate sam usually is in guesstimating it.

e.g. people with uais over 99 usually had guesstimates accurate to about +-0.30, while those over 90 were usually within a couple of points, while those with lower uais could have quite large fluctuations.

I'd hate to think how far off it could be when guesstimating below 30.

Also, what's with comparing average mark to uai? How are they related?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)