L's checklist--overtaking?! (1 Viewer)

Optophobia

HSC
MuffinMan said:
ever heard of a two lane road???????
There's no such thing.

Besides, it's still dangerous. The exact reason why most other motorists slow down is the reason why you shouldn't overtake on a corner.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
unless you have a fully sick rexxy with all wheel drive and racing tires. TRAXION!

[actually i was inside a car that lost it for that very reason...and yes he was driving a wrx]

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Optophobia said:
There's no such thing.

Besides, it's still dangerous. The exact reason why most other motorists slow down is the reason why you shouldn't overtake on a corner.
I overtake people all the time. Well not on corners and stuff but you get the point. Hardly dangerous at all.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I overtake people on the road leading out of where I live all the time. The speed limit is 50 and I am way too impatient to sit behind someone doing any less than about 55.

My dad did it once and I think the guy he want past was pissed off about it because he followed him until he got home. I don't know if he wanted to report him to the cops or something.

Optophobia

HSC
overtaking is the most dangerous thing most people do. Especially when you go into the opposite lane. Lane changing, fast moving cars, negotiating, changing conditions. The faster you are the more dangerous it becomes.

"hardly dangerous at all"

MuffinMan

HSC
Optophobia said:
overtaking is the most dangerous thing most people do. Especially when you go into the opposite lane. Lane changing, fast moving cars, negotiating, changing conditions. The faster you are the more dangerous it becomes.

"hardly dangerous at all"
thats why you don't go in the opposite lane, many main roads have more than one lane going in the same direction, just use that.

toysoldier

HSC
The new progression from L's to Red P's is, doing 100hours instead of 50! so if u haven't got your P's and you can i suggest u get them, quick smart!!!

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
are you dumb? you aren't meant to overtake people on your P's test...you have to show patience...the only time you really should overtake someone is on a country road...1 lane...and a slow truck is in front of you...and thats hard in an automatic...you need a manual...so i suggest you stay under the speed limit

lengy

HSC
When I'm in an aggressive/impatient mood I tend to overtake more often. It was only a fortnight ago that I overtook on five different occasions on the same day. I don't know what it was about that day but all the slow drivers were giving me the shits.

MuffinMan

HSC
you have to consider the amount of time you spend on the roads too / distance

like overtaking 5 times on a short trip might account for you being more aggressive than overtaking 15 times on a 10 hour trip.

j_davo24

HSC
lala2 said:
Hehe, I've covered nearly everything in the booklet and will be rearing to go for my P's after this semester ends (hopefully before the new test comes in) but only just realised that there is an OVERTAKING section. Now, how am I supposed to overtake anyone when everyone overtakes me? I'm a fast driver (think 75 in an 80 zone) but the faster I go, the faster everyone else seems to go. Has anyone realistically managed to overtake anyone while on their L's?
Just tick boxes. They aren't going to test you on it anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I probably overtake at least 30 people on the way to uni, but that's 2 lanes so it's not like I am driving on the wrong side of the road or anything.

CieL

HSC
Eh.. I'm a horribly impatient driver.. I tend to zigzag my way through traffic..

If the car in front of me is over two carlengths behind the person in front, I will overtake them. If they are going 10 or more under the limit, I will definately overtake them [unless it's hailing/storming/school zone/cops].

Pretty much I'd like to be the first car with nothing in front of me.

My driving style is so shocking that at least once everyday, some car will try to G me up.. then get a pleasant surprise when they find it's a girl behind the wheel.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
CieL said:
Eh.. I'm a horribly impatient driver.. I tend to zigzag my way through traffic..

If the car in front of me is over two carlengths behind the person in front, I will overtake them. If they are going 10 or more under the limit, I will definately overtake them [unless it's hailing/storming/school zone/cops].

My driving style is so shocking that at least once everyday, some car will try to G me up.. then get a pleasant surprise when they find it's a girl behind the wheel.
and you give p-platers a bad image...you are meeant to be 2 car lenghts behind a car...if i was rich id purposely break when evry arsehole rides on my arse whilst driving

MuffinMan

HSC
CieL said:

^^ ditto to that :eek:

eh it's just overtaking, nothing major

bizadfar

HSC
CieL said:

Drivers like you crack me up. I mean you're most likely going to get held up by lights more than anything.

One thing my father did do infront of me often was piss the crap out of drivers in a hurry that did some risky move on him. Some brand new Prado driver cut him off while changing lanes. They both stepped on it and weaved through 4 lane traffic. Finally got infront of him and did some brake tests and going 40 in a 80 zone and blocking/zigzagging like good old Senna/Schumacher! I've done it once, maybe I"ll see you on the road and brake test you!

CieL

HSC
bizadfar said:
Drivers like you crack me up. I mean you're most likely going to get held up by lights more than anything.

One thing my father did do infront of me often was piss the crap out of drivers in a hurry that did some risky move on him. Some brand new Prado driver cut him off while changing lanes. They both stepped on it and weaved through 4 lane traffic. Finally got infront of him and did some brake tests and going 40 in a 80 zone and blocking/zigzagging like good old Senna/Schumacher! I've done it once, maybe I"ll see you on the road and brake test you!
You're trying to get back at me for humiliating you, are you not, Mr. I-drive-a-1.3L-that-can-go-170kmh-downhill-and-when-people-see-my-little-1.3L-they-show-me-respect?

I mean, come on..
As if YOU haven't sped in your life.
As if YOU'RE the safest/best driver out there.

Judging by your previous posts in this forum, I dont even think you're entitled to say all that bullshit without sounding like the biggest hypocrit.

bizadfar

HSC
CieL said:
You're trying to get back at me for humiliating you, are you not, Mr. I-drive-a-1.3L-that-can-go-170kmh-downhill-and-when-people-see-my-little-1.3L-they-show-me-respect?

I mean, come on..
As if YOU haven't sped in your life.
As if YOU'RE the safest/best driver out there.

Judging by your previous posts in this forum, I dont even think you're entitled to say all that bullshit without sounding like the biggest hypocrit.
I have sped many times in my life, it's what a karting/formula ford tester does.

No i'm not getting back at you(yes i can accept defeat - unlike you), you think you're king (sorry queen) of the road. Get on the track, you'd be lapped by lap 5 considering you havn't crashed by turn 1.

Please tell me what a formula ford engine can do. I bet you don't know

Also
2.4L V8
403km/h

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)