Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds HELP! (1 Viewer)

Marieze

HSC
N/A
undefinedundefinedHow Is Lucy in teh sky with diamonds (*Beatles) an imaginative journey?? i know the techniques and i know that it takes the audience into a drug induced fantasy land of the imagination but is that it?? HELP!!!

Jesykah

I hope this helps

Hey,

I'm not too sure if you've already read this but alot of the images used in the song were based on the book alice and wonderland. John said in an interview:

“She [Alice] is buying an egg and it turns into Humpty Dumpty. The woman serving in the shop turns into a sheep and the next minute they are rowing in a rowing boat somewhere and I was visualizing that. The imagery was Alice in the boat and also the image of this female who would come and save me-- this secret love that was going to come one day. So it turned out to be Yoko... and I hadn't met Yoko then. But she was my imaginary girl that we all have

What are the techniques that you are going to talk about?

WaltzinDarkness

HSC
N/A
That's pretty much it, well at least all the notes I have on it. I talk about how the sound of the music/Lennons voice combined with the lyrics puts the reader into an imaginative journey, and stuff like "picture yourself on a boat on a river" sets up the journey etc. And like Jessykah said, the Alice Through The Looking Glass references.

nim

lucy in the sky with diamonds has nothing to do with drugs. Lennon based it on a picture his daughter drew for him. I am using it for one of my supp texts too, don't write shit about drugs.

Kimbo_86

HSC
You're all Wrong!

Dont know what y'all are alluding to but Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has ambiguous meaning but it is widely accepted that the LSD title is a cryptic reference to the drug;LSD-not marijuana!
also; a more conservative interpretation would believe the theory that the song was based on a picture drawn by Johns son;Julian- but as if!

neuro_logik

HSC
I wasn't insinuating that "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" was about marijuana, didnt u see my bolding of the letters LSD?, and i said that "Got to get you into my life" was about marijuana :p

jessikayo

HSC
hey if any one could help i need 5 techniques used in the song lucy in the sky with diamonds that depict a imaginative journey. as soon as possible would be great!!
CHEERS.

jessikayo

HSC
i need as much techniques for this you can possibly give me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)